Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Barry Hits 700 ...thats nice

Way to go Barry. Just great... good for you. Could have happened to a nicer guy.

James

edited SP mistakes, I must have been tired LAST NIGHT!
x

Comments

• Options
    Did you see the expressions on the faces of his teamates when they were congratulating him? Each and every one of them had a look of complete dread on their face as they shook his hand. I don't think I saw one smile - and the guy just hit HR #700!!!! Incredible and hilarious when you think about it.

You can really tell what a person is really like by seeing how their teamates treat him. Poor Barry just does not care that he goes through life making people feel like crap.

Oh, and does anybody out there know how to spell TEAMMATES?
  • Options
    I saw his mates shaking his hand as well, and no they didn't look like they had dread on their faces. More likely they're just amazed that they're allowed to play on the same team with the greatest hitter in the game.

Really its kind of sad that Bonds doesn't have another league he could move up to.
    Collector of T201 Mecca double folders. Graded and Raw...
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw his mates shaking his hand as well, and no they didn't look like they had dread on their faces. More likely they're just amazed that they're allowed to play on the same team with the greatest hitter in the game. >>

And if his teammates ever forget to be amazed, I'm sure Barry reminds them.

<< <i>Really its kind of sad that Bonds doesn't have another league he could move up to. >>

Well, he's good enough to play in the "I am fit to carry Babe Ruth's jock" league; and I'm pretty sure nobody on the Yankees had to force a smile when the Babe was around.

Barry is a great player, don't get me wrong, but so were Ty Cobb and Pete Rose. Great players, not great human beings, and I don't feel any impulse to celebrate their accomplishments.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    I wonder how many of those 700 homeruns, if any (innocent until proven guilty) were brought to you by BALCO, the fun lab. I really hope he doesn't pass Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron.
  • Options
    Hmmm......did they have Balco back in th 50's?????image
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Pretty lame that they did not come out to home plate...they must really hate that guy.
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I don't like Barry Bonds image

If I had pitched to him, I would have pegged him.
  • Options

<< <i>Hmmm......did they have Balco back in th 50's?????image >>

What are you talking about? i was referring to Barry Bonds.
  • Options
    I remember once waiting after a game where the players leave to get autogpraphs. Barry passed by and just stared at everyone and didn't say a word and walked away. You would think now that his father died last year, he is in his 40's now, he would start evaluating life and would start to soften up and realize life is too short to spend it being so disliked. I can understand if he is a punky 20 year old and has this attitude, but at his 40's, he seriously should be nicer.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can understand if he is a punky 20 year old and has this attitude, but at his 40's, he seriously should be nicer. >>

ST
    If he misses the 40's, it may hit him in his 50's when he doesn't have game anymore.
    I don't love the guy but I will say, roids notwithstanding, he is good for the game....people come out to see him hit, people watch him on TV, sportscards, memorabilia, toploaders etc.

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    You're right stone, he is good for the game, but he would be great for the game if he were much more likeable. Remember how it was When Big mac and Slammin Sammy were tearing up the homeruns how it got a lot of people back into baseball that hadn't watched in years. Think how much bigger it would have been if it was McGwires 700th homerun or Sosa'a 700th homerun.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    How can you all come on here and not be so joyed over what this guy has accomplished? I just came
    back from several local Barry parties...we all sacrificed a few of our children in the name of the great Barry.

This guy IS good for baseball, I mean so warm hearted, cares about the fans so much, would never drop a
    four letter word in the presence of a young child. This guy would show up at wal mart just to buy some
    "vitamins" and would wind up signing for hours!! He went around after and singed all the bags so that
    the people who missed him would still get in on it! How can you fault that???? Did Rose ever sign
    at Wal Mart for free????

Afterall Bonds said that getting his team to the playoffs is much more important than hitting 700...Im sure they
    forced him a day after he hit 600 to make those cheesy Mays/Bonds shirts. The guy doesn't have a
    selfish bone in his body.

Well Im off to city hall to try to get the name of my city changed to Barry Bonds. Ill catch you all after #702

Cant wait!!!

top ten hitter of all time (FYI)

1) Bonds
    2) Bonds
    3) Bonds
    4) Bonds
    5) Bonds
    6) Bonds
    7) Bonds
    8) Ruth
    9) Williams
    10) J Lopez

JS
  • Options

<< <i>...we all sacrificed a few of our children in the name of the great Barry. >>

Kevin
    I HAVE missed you good buddy!
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    What will bud selig do if it ends up being proven that he did take steroids, if he really did? Would they still count him where he is in the homerun standings?
  • Options

<< <i>What will bud selig do if it ends up being proven that he did take steroids >>

ST
    That's an interesting point...who knows? How about the fact that a lot of players are a little fearful now and may be off the juice this year...isn't Sammy's run count down? Just wondering...no accusations - I like Sammy but.....hmmm
    Mike
    edit: spelling
    Mike
  • Options
    but barry doesn't take roids he just works harder than everyone else! do roids make him hit the ball better??

do roids make him hit the ball better?

I ask you , do roids help you hit the ball better??

barry is sitting on 701 right now and has his lazy boy and massuise working overtime before he cranks 702
    into the drink off some pitcher we have never heard of. Would MLB.com be running up to the minute updates
    if this was big news? Would I be sitting here in the dark, in McCovey bay, in my Kayak with a 40 foot net, on the internet
    using all of my weekend minutes on wireless internet service if this wasn't big news??

So what, Bonds might take 2 Flintstone vitamins in the morning when it clearly says take 1..are you going
    to ban him from baseball for that??

Come on Smell!!!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Would I be sitting here in the dark, in McCovey bay, in my Kayak with a 40 foot net, >>

Damn JS
    Was that you!

Mike
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Would I be sitting here in the dark, in McCovey bay, in my Kayak with a 40 foot net, >>

Damn JS
    Was that you!

image >>

Holy $hi+!! I think thats Kevin in the striped shirt! image
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh dang security cameras, the wind had just taken my "hit it here Barry" sign!

you all won't be laughing when I come back with #702 in my pocket.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I can understand if he is a punky 20 year old and has this attitude, but at his 40's, he seriously should be nicer. >>

ST
    If he misses the 40's, it may hit him in his 50's when he doesn't have game anymore.
    Mike >>

I'm completely opposite.. i plan to continually get grouchier and nastier as i get older.. my goal is to spend my "golden years" as one helluva grouchy, dirty old man..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>i plan to continually get grouchier and nastier as i get older >>

p_A
    I'll drink to that...in fact I am!!! image

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ·p_A·