Home Sports Talk
Options

#700 JUST HIT!!!

NOT A BIG FAN OF HIS BUT TAKE MY HAT OFF TO HIM ROIDS OR NOT. HE DID IT. MANY OTHERS TOOK ROIDS AND TRIED AND DIDNT PLAY LIKE HIM IF HE DID AT ALL. IM A BONDS HATER BUT LEGEND HE IS!

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Congrats to Barry, joining elite company.

JS
  • Options
    I wonder who got the ball?
    plus if any of us juiced like barry did (he had the access and cash to get the stuff) we would be sitting there 2...
    great msg for our youth of today.
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options

<< <i>plus if any of us juiced like barry did (he had the access and cash to get the stuff) we would be sitting there 2...
    great msg for our youth of today. >>

skip--What planet are you from?? You think steroids would allow you to hit a baseball? Perhaps it can make you stronger, but no way it allows for better batting skill, etc. Barry has struck out less times than home runs this year. That hasn't been done with over 40 Hr in over 50 years. Steroids or not, he is a great hitter and game changer.

And I wonder if they tested your criminoles, how many would be positive?? They are such great role models when they aren't in jail.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    It doesn't allow you to hit the ball, but it does take those fly balls that would normally be outs (especially as skills depreciate with age) and put them over the wall.

His 'record' will always be tainted in the minds of all real sports fans...even if he is never proved to have taken illegal supplements.
  • Options

<< <i>plus if any of us juiced like barry did (he had the access and cash to get the stuff) we would be sitting there 2...

i guess you've never taken roids? you have no damn clue what you're talking about. please, shut up
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    When he came up I knew he was going to hit it out.

Congratulations go out to him.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder who got the ball?
    plus if any of us juiced like barry did (he had the access and cash to get the stuff) we would be sitting there 2...

image heh.. not quite, bro..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    700 is awesome. Steroids or not 700 is awesome.
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still no HOF for the juicer.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Buckwheat said:

skip--What planet are you from?? You think steroids would allow you to hit a baseball? Perhaps it can make you stronger, but no way it allows for better batting skill, etc. Barry has struck out less times than home runs this year. That hasn't been done with over 40 Hr in over 50 years. Steroids or not, he is a great hitter and game changer.

And I wonder if they tested your criminoles, how many would be positive?? They are such great role models when they aren't in jail.

At least one study has suggested that steroids DO improve hand eye co-ordination.

Just say no to juicers!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

NONE of his stats mean SQUAT!!!!

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

The #756 ball did make it to Cooperstown though.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barry and Pete will still have to pay admission

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love these Zombie threads. cool to see peoples thoughts in context.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

What do you mean by "Zombie" threads? This thread is very old that suddenly got revived. Maybe "Lazarus" threads?

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

what is a zombie? a dead person reanimated.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.