Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this card worth the 30 bucks ?

The Pop report shows less than 60 graded this high or better. I know its a drastic OC, but I love the clear picture.
Link
Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• Options

If you like it, that's all that matters.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    I think it's worth $30. For $30 I'd rather have a well-centered PSA 6, but most 6's have centering not much better then that 8 OC.

Brian
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dt
    I believe the rule is that if a card has a qualifier, knock it down 2 grades which puts it at a PSA 6 - the card in a 6 books at 45$ - so I say you got a good deal. Plus, the card looks good except for the centering - I like it!
    your friend
    Mike

Mike
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Mike - The two grade knock down is for the set registry. The centering on that card would make it likely to get a 3 or 4.
    However, based on it being a 1971 Munson and the fact that is a highly sought after card, I think the price is fine especially if centering is not a high priority for you.
  • Options
    That's a very nice card, and I don't think the o/c dramatically impacts the visual appearance in the holder. I ditto Stone on the rule of thumb and don't think it is necessarily related to the set registry. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Great deal as seeing the past couple of 7s have gone in excess of $125.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    There is a PSA8 NQ for sale for 249.00 on eBay right now Link
    Wish I had some extra change to drop on that card !
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"