Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Now this is an ugly card!

I've been on the lookout for a low-mid grade Nagurski, but this one is just plain ugly!

Link

I don't think this would even cross to a PSA 1. Too much of the card is missing.

Comments

• Options
    Nasty looking card......They should have put it out of it's misery and burnt it.
    CB4
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I think someone already tried to burn it!
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    Sure, it's beat up, but it probably has a more colorful history than a PSA 9 would.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

The card's colorful history :

"After my dog ate my Nagurski,
    I had to follow him around until it came out the other end.

After a few hours in my washing machine, it finally smelled ok, so I sent it to Beckett for grading."

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    What would be more special to you, owning a beat up pair of eyeglasses that Abrahama Lincoln wore throughout the Civil War, or his spare set that he kept in his desk drawer and that he never actually wore?
  • Options
    At least it's authentic.

Brian
  • Options
    Lucky it even got a grade!!
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    At what point is a card no longer considered a card ? We are talking serious degradation here.
    How can anyone consider this card collectible ?
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I'd say this is the ugliest aspect of the auction:

<< <i>Shipping costs: US $20.00 - US Postal Service First Class Mail® (within United States) >>

Actually, now that I look at it again, the description of the item is pretty rancid too.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we should start an annual award - everyone show scans of their worst card and everyone will vote on them - we will call it the CU Forum Butt Ugly Card Award.

And oooeeeeh! That card is looking like the 2004 inaugural winner of the Butt Ugly Card Award!

Someone's going to claim that prize for this year! image

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I'm surprised it wasn't trimmed so it could earn a BVG 1.5 ... or a PRO 6
  • Options
    I wonder if the card is authentic. Also, I don't think part of the card is missing on the left side....that's only glare from the inner sleeve.
  • Options

waitiltheytrytobuy - a visit to Dr. Dick Towle for a little TLC could do that card a world of good. Got his address handy ?
  • Options

<< <i>a visit to Dr. Dick Towle for a little TLC could do that card a world of good. >>

All kidding aside, how so?