Home Sports Talk
Options

Oh no! Soriano out for the year! He's not as durable as Bonds..

Bad injury....Could haunt him for years....

Hey, it's not easy to go out and play hard like he does at age 35.

Bonds doesn't have a problem though. The key to all of Bonds records is his durability over the past 18 years. That is why I always say that it is WAY TOO EARLY to say that guys like Pujols and Soriano will eventually pass Bonds or have a similiar career. Ya never know when an injury can come up and bit you. Ask Griffey Jr.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?

Comments

• Options
    Must have been the 'roids.
  • Options
    Yeah, roids for the past 18 years right? Are you talkin' steroids when it is becoming more and more obvious each day that Sosa was on them not long ago, CUBfan?

Give it up already. The CUBS would love to have him instead of the ever declining Sosa. $18,000,000 next year? Ha!

ya mine as well give that to Bonds. Sosa .259/Bonds .374, Sosa HR 32/Bonds HR 41, Sosa plate discipline - sucks/Bonds plate discipline - the best!, Sosa- worst outfielder in the majors/Bonds - better than Sosa.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    Bonds is having arguably the best year of his career this year, and I really don't think he's on roids or supplements given the sheer amount of attention he's getting this year.

Regardless what he's doing is phenominal.
    Collector of T201 Mecca double folders. Graded and Raw...
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, roids for the past 18 years right? Are you talkin' steroids when it is becoming more and more obvious each day that Sosa was on them not long ago, CUBfan?

Give it up already. The CUBS would love to have him instead of the ever declining Sosa. $18,000,000 next year? Ha!

ya mine as well give that to Bonds. Sosa .259/Bonds .374, Sosa HR 32/Bonds HR 41, Sosa plate discipline - sucks/Bonds plate discipline - the best!, Sosa- worst outfielder in the majors/Bonds - better than Sosa.

TheRoach

image >>

Yeah, people try to tied down 'roids to Bonds success, but why isn't it helping Sosa's hand-eye coordination?
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    autobilia...aahhh does the number 66 mean anything? Funny Bonds hits 73 the year that roids are not tested for and
    now he can barly hit 40.....and don't tell me they walk him more now, check the numbers, he was walked in
    2002 too.

Tough break for Soriano...he was trying to get his team a win, you can't fault the guy for that. He already has
    more homers than Bonds through the same at bats...what will happen if this guy ever gets on the juice like
    Bonds?

Scarry!

JS
  • Options
    Wow. I was just being facetious.

I was referring to Soriano's injury, not Bonds. The subject of the thread was Soriano's injury, not Bonds.

It seems like every thread that comes up about Bonds has some knucklehead accusing everything he has done and all injuries to steriods.

Here a injury comes up to someone else obviously not on them, so I thought Id beat the knuckleheads to the punch.

Lighten up a little. There is no bigger non-SF fan of Bonds than me.
  • Options
    It's the few AB's that Bonds gets that holds down his HR numbers. This year he's avg. 1HR per 8.29 AB's, 2003 1HR per 8.67 AB's, 2002 1HR per 8.76 AB's.

Here's the stats from some other players:

Beltre 1HR per 12.04 AB's
    Pujols 1HR per 12.20 AB's
    Edmonds 1HR per 10.95 AB's
    Soriano 1HR per 21.82 AB's
  • Options

<< <i>Bonds doesn't have a problem though. The key to all of Bonds records is his durability over the past 18 years.

TheRoach >>

Yea, steroids will do that for you. Especially as you get older. That is why so many big sports stars use them.
    What is Bonds hat size today versus 6 years ago?
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, roids for the past 18 years right? Are you talkin' steroids when it is becoming more and more obvious each day that Sosa was on them not long ago, CUBfan?

TheRoach

<< <i> I seem to remember NOT ONE TEAM other than the Giants wanted Bonds when his contract was up last time. Not one! They all knew he was a disease to team chemistry and they probably all knew about the steroids as well. The CUBS were never interested in Bonds so that is a very incorrect statement. However, in fairness, I will say that it is very possible that Sosa took "enhancers" also. We know for a fact he used corked bats...so he does have a rep for being a cheater.

image >>

• Options

TheRoach >>

I seem to remember NOT ONE TEAM other than the Giants wanted Bonds when his contract was up last time. Not one! They all knew he was a disease to team chemistry and they probably all knew about the steroids as well. The CUBS were never interested in Bonds so that is a very incorrect statement. However, in fairness, I will say that it is very possible that Sosa took "enhancers" also. We know for a fact he used corked bats...so he does have a rep for being a cheater.