Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does this listing seem misleading?

I was thinking that this auction was for the two cards not one until you get to the very end of the listing. what do you think?

1971 Rose PSA 9 (2/4)
Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    The auction listing is for (2) cards, then it's one.

The card sells itself, I don't know why he has to resort to that kind of B.S. What a goofball
  • Options

<< <i> I am entertaining all offers, trades, anything, just email me any question or concern. I reserve the right to end the auction for obvious reasons, so dont hesitate to contact me early. >>

In addition to be misleading, the above statement violates the rules.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Seller has contacted me early, trying to sell direct....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I posted this a couple days ago...what it seems to me is he's trying to get around the ebay rules, and more than likely, doesn't have either card.

• Options
    emailed seller asking for scan of card on today's newspaper with date to see if had the cards. This is the response that I got:

yes I can. You can also look at the last mastronet auction and see the serial number and see i paid 6000 k for it. When I get home from work I will scan you the cards with paper.
  • Options
    Not to say that this is a scam ........ because I really have no idea.
    But stealing scans from Mastro Net's past Auctions seems to be many scamers MO these days.
    I saw it a few weeks back for a 1962 Topps Football Set.
    The same guy had three or four of Mastro's old auction scans he was using on bogus auctions.
    Totally Bad News.

Mojorob
  • Options
    It appears that this is a legit auction, and he does have the card. He provided me with a single scan of the card being auctioned, the one on the right. It was provided with a stamped, dated envelope as the background for the scan.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Even if he does have the card, isn't it strange to be contacting bidders and inviting them to buy early? Bidders do that, because they want the card that badly. But sellers? If I was a bidder I would be very concerned about buying outside eBay and forfeiting any protection on such a large purchase.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Again, in his own words, this guy is telling the story:

"UNFRICKIN BELIEVABLE..."
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options

<< <i>Even if he does have the card, isn't it strange to be contacting bidders and inviting them to buy early? Bidders do that, because they want the card that badly. But sellers? If I was a bidder I would be very concerned about buying outside eBay and forfeiting any protection on such a large purchase. >>

postal protections are much stronger than
    any help you might receive from a corporation.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.