Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Hello from Rooska

Howdy all!! Man, things have changed since I was here 8 years ago...I feel safer here than I would walking in D.C....I mean it. The place has really cleaned up well and the make-over of the city is stunning. I still haven't made it to the hermitage, don't know why, but plan too no later than next week. The food is great, the women more beautiful....I'll try to get some images for you all but won't be able to upload until I get back home in October.

I'll check back in a couple days!! Scott

Comments

• Options
    Good morning! I take it you're having a great time.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Yes I am...right now I'm watching this little full-lipped waitress in skin-tight jeans delivering some tort and espresso to the guy next to me...heh heh Hey Phil, if you want the good looking women you've got to head north!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Yes I am...right now I'm watching this little full-lipped waitress in skin-tight jeans delivering some tort and espresso to the guy next to me...heh heh Hey Phil, if you want the good looking women you've got to head north!!! >>

Bohemia is to the south and much better in that aspect, trust me on this imageimage
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy! But don't drink too much vodka! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    AH, Scott - I see you are enjoying the local sightsimage Now I know why you haven't made the Hermitage yet - too busy looking at young women rather then old artifacts.
    Shep
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Hey Cache!!! Glad you're doing well.

Yes, Darkhorse, you need to head east (south or north or due east) in order to find the fine women.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bohemia is to the south and much better in that aspect, trust me on this imageimage >>

Yes!! I hear the streets of Prague and Brno are a cheeky experience these days ..... image
  • Options
    Ah, to be young and in Prague in the spring! image Sounds like you're having a lot of fun!
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    I'm now battling some kind of creep and crud that I'm pretty sure I contracted on the airplane. I won't go into details but I can tell you that I've read three chapters of the book I brought with me while sitting on the throne during the night. A few errands and back to bed for me...ah Rooska!!
  • Options
    I work in the Far-East part, and the local scenery can be very distracting image
  • Options
    That's too bad. Have you tried Hermitage's throne at least? image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Ah the Hermitage, ah the women, but you can keep their version of Montezuma's revenge.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    The Hermitage bites......the entire numismatic section has been closed and will remain so for a couple of years it appears. I squeezed a babushka for information and she said that some of the collection had been moved to Strelna (Russia's "Camp David") south of town so my Swedish friend and I spent the day getting there to find out that it was a limited amount of coins and that you had to take a guided tour through the place...AND we'd have to wait for an additional two hours for the tour! We said to Hell with it and went further south with our wives to Peterhoff (the Czar's summer home) instead.

We were only able to see about twenty medals in the entire Hermitage!!!! The Hermitage was a total washout regarding coins....sitting in a room with thirty Picasso's was kind of sweet though...and they have a number Of Rembrandt's including the ""Return of the Prodigal Son" that will knock you socks off. I plan on going back in the next several days to cop a couple images of several of the medals to show here when I return home week after next.

I am longing for a decadent gut-bomb and my own bed... image One week and counting!!!
  • Options
    That sucks! Hopefully the upcoming Moller auction will make up for it.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I didn't bid on anything out of the Moeller....it was all over priced in this latest auction.

I did find that there is a coin store across the river from our apartment and will head over there after doing my internet thing this morning.

One week from now I should be sitting in the Frankfurt airport waiting for my connecting flight home....boy, I can't wait!!!!