Home Sports Talk
Options

Barry Bonds: CONFIRMED Steroid User. Named by other PRO athletes.

The track & field star that named him in his GRAND JURY TESTIMONY CONFIRMED BONDS received and took steroids for years (especially in 2001 when his head doubled in size) and then switched to that other drug when MLB started testing so they could not catch him.

When Bonds went on Jay Leno and Leno asked him if he would agree to "un-scheduled" "random" drug testing, Bonds said "No that is an invasion of privacy." Of course he would say that.......I wonder why?

MLB did a good job of keeping that whole story out of the public as long as possible because they want everyone out there to CELEBRATE when Bonds hits #756 (which he will). That is also why the MLBPA put out a GAG ORDER on all players to NOT talk about drug testing and the steroid problem if asked by the press. It's like fraternity members protecting eachother...thats why they all got mad and Canseco when he started running his mouth and saying that half the league used steroids...

Am I the only person that has noticed, since MLB started testing, Homeruns have gone down dramatically.

I wonder why.

Don't be so nieve when it comes to Bonds and steroids...the writing is on the wall. Sure he is a great player, I will agree to that...but HE IS A CHEATER. If this were the Olympics he would have been banned for life already.

So lets just keep it all in perspective when we start saying he is the greatest ever. Let's be real folks.

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Bonds is a great player with a tainted body and soon to have a tainted hr record.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a source for your story?

Also, ESPN has been tracking homeruns this year and there are MORE homeruns this year than the past two years:

Through Sep 17 2004 2003 2002
    Homers Per Game 1.128 1.071 1.043
    Runs per game 4.838 4.728 4.618
    Doubles per game 1.851 1.816 1.793
    Aggregate SLG .429 .422 .417

MLB has instituted a steroid policy for the first time this season. ESPN.com looks at 2004 power numbers compared to the last two seasons.
  • Options
    Homeruns have gone down? um no. There are more 30+ and 40+ homerun hitters this year than the last few...and if I told a grand jury that your mom is a fat slut, does that confirm it? Get real, junior..
    VOTE KERRY 2008!
  • Options

<< <i>Do you have a source for your story?

Also, ESPN has been tracking homeruns this year and there are MORE homeruns this year than the past two years:

Through Sep 17 2004 2003 2002
    Homers Per Game 1.128 1.071 1.043
    Runs per game 4.838 4.728 4.618
    Doubles per game 1.851 1.816 1.793
    Aggregate SLG .429 .422 .417

MLB has instituted a steroid policy for the first time this season. ESPN.com looks at 2004 power numbers compared to the last two seasons. >>

Some things the numbers will not show you. Overall they are up, no big suprise there, but the homeruns that superstar players were hitting 4 years ago have DECLINED dramatcially. These are the type of guys who would be juiced up. The Cansecos, Cammineti's and Bonds.
    So naturally, all of there Homeruns have dropped since testing started. Even though it is the weakest drug testing I have ever heard of in a pro sport.
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    MintLuster,

Bonds has maintained a better that 12 HR per AB over the past 4 years; where is the dropoff?

Your analogy is like saying that after Ruth hit 60 (and never hit 50 again) it was because of hot dogs and beer and women. Bonds maintains a statistically equivalent rate of HR.

Please appreciate greatness when it is in front of you.
    Wondo

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Wow . . . I didn't know that about his mom. Thanks for the inside info.
  • Options

<< <i>MintLuster,

Bonds has maintained a better that 12 HR per AB over the past 4 years; where is the dropoff?

Your analogy is like saying that after Ruth hit 60 (and never hit 50 again) it was because of hot dogs and beer and women. Bonds maintains a statistically equivalent rate of HR.

Please appreciate greatness when it is in front of you. >>

I do appreciate greatness. I have NEVER said Bonds is not great, or one of the greatest of all-time. What I get tired of in the media and around here, is when everytime he hits a homerun, we have to hear about him being the greatest player ever. That's all fine IF it can be supported by numbers and other variables and tangibles that historians look at (clutch performance in WS for example). The problem here is always the same, it CANNOT be supported. Even 3 seasons from now when Bonds is all done, it WILL NOT be supported. As a hitter alone it is very arguable if Bonds is even AS GOOD as Ruth. But then you look at Ruth as a great pitcher and his playoff performances, and how he CHANGED the game, etc. etc........

My reference to the Bonds dropoff in HR's is attributed mainly to his steroid use a few years ago when a guy who never even hit 50 HRs before suddenly hits 73 and then never even hits 50 again -AND- gets directly linked to the BALCO scandal and is NAMED BY OTHER PRO ATHLETES in their GRAND JURY TESTIMONY about taking the steroids and switching to other "enhancers" once MLB started testing.......all of this is what I was talking about with his HR's going down......

Just stop trying to compare Bonds to Ruth, that is my advice to all around here. Evertime you try it you look silly....really silly.