Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What's the oldest known uncut sheet, any sport?

I've seen as old as the 60's being sold, but have wondered if maybe there are 1952 Topps Baseball uncut sheet's or eve uncut shhets that are pre 1950. A t205 uncut sheet would be something to have with the Wagner, or did they even make those early cards in full set sheets? If they did exost and someone cut them, would PSA grade them because some of those cards aren't the exact same size?

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    There is an uncut strip of five cards from the T-206 set featuring Wagner that is known and has traded hands a few times in the hobby.

I believe that Charlie Sheen once owned an uncut sheet of Cracker Jack cards that was stolen and subsequently cut up.

I thought I heard/saw an Old Judge sheet once, or am I just crazy?!

There are a number of Goudey uncut sheets out there, too.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Hopefully this link will work:

preciouspaper.com

a few uncut sheets from before 1950, and a few others

here is a goudey one:

Link
  • Options
    This may not be the oldest but it's cool. It's the 1921 W551 10 card set in one uncut strip.

Left side:

Right side:

• Options
    heres one mounted on an advertising card.
    Collecting - n2, n13, n28, n29, n43, n162, n184, t3, t6, t9, t200, tobacco albums, tobacco advertising cards, tobacco banners (that picture the 19th century card sets).
  • Options
    I believe Mastro's last auction had an uncut 33 Goudey sheet with three Ruth's on it! That was pretty cool.
    Collector of T201 Mecca double folders. Graded and Raw...
  • Options
    I have a few pre-50's uncut sheets

This is one of my favorites: 1939 Poster stamps uncut sheet only 1 known.

I also have a uncut sheet of 1923 German tatoo's w/ Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb

Plus I have 5 uncut sheets from 1948 Japanese Menko with Babe Ruth I have 8 more of these framed and on my office wall.

Babe Ruth can be located on the bottom right, next to the last big card. Babe Ruth is the Joker card!

Heres the 1st issue of Sports Illustrated with the Full set of cards, I bought the magazine on ebay for $80. and had it framed for my home office. Pretty cool!

Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!