Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post funny Ebay questions you have received

Sometimes I scratch my head and wonder what people are thinking or trying to say.

Here is one I got today:

Here is the Ebay auction, please look at the reverse and obverse pictures.

Ebay link

Here is the question I just got on this coin:

<< <i>why is the observe too dirty and has some craps on it? >>

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    "Is that mark in the picture on the plastic or on the label?" (in reference to a scratch on the holder above the LABEL, nowhere near the coin itself)
  • Options
    rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭
    If you would please i have several question's i would like addressed. I have no problem with your honesty let's get that out of the way first. But i wish you would have made it, the pisture's so they would have really blown up since you just say the coin is in great shape, i realize we are not coin expert's and especially when it come's to grading. But i think you could have least tried to grade it instaed of saying it's in really good shape, because of the reason i gave before you did'nt make it so it would blow up. If your not going to grade the coin in your opinion which everyone understand's it would be only your opinion, then i think you should have at least given evryone the chance to make it there determination and you can't do that without a good pic, letting you see close up the area where the FG is suppose to be i would hope that you would agree with this. This coin is probably going to go for over $100 and just a 1995-S Silver Proof goe's for $100 and that's if you can find one. And they have to taken out of a Proof set, so there MS-65 or better, and Cameo. A 1997-S Silver proof goe's for about $90.00 and both price's i listed to you are low. They want $100 to $200 for a 1964 Long Hair and $about $200 for a 1974-D DblDieObv. I am a avid collector of Kennedy's. I have a complete collection of all 140 coin's to date, and they are all MS-65 to MS-70, it's been appraised at over $2,000.00 but i also collect the defect's also because i want to have the most comprehzive collection, iam sure you understand. I wish i had your email address so i could write you and would'nt have to keep writing these short message's to you. Please don't take anything i say offensive, like i said i'am sure you are a very honest man with alot of integrity, after all you don't becaome a power seller without all these qualitie's. But i wonder why you did'nt get the coin certified, i don't know how much a Kennedy Half without the FG is worth and yes i know certification does'nt tell you the price but it certainly would raise it in auction format. And the only thing i have to say lastly is from what you, a person looking at the coin can at least see bag mark's and other problem place's. The pic, on the reverse showing the area where the FG should be and the other picture showing the reverse show's some wear, the coin was in my opinion in circulation and you got lucky and found it and took it out of circulation to sell and there is nothing wrong with that. But i sence that maybe one of the reason's you may not have sent the coin in to be certified, also looking at the coin since, looking at the coin thru the picture's you provided one can only come to the determination since it was taken out of circulation and it being 22 year's old you would think the coin would have had some dirtyness and it appear's to be polished. Now you did'nt state anything of what i have said and like what i have said i'am sure you are a honest man but i just would like some answer's to my question's and i'am sure you will have know problem answering them I appreciate your time and please get back with me after all that is what this forum is for to help the buyer make a educated bid and i would go very high on this coin if i knew some fact's, thankyou for your time i look forward to your correspondness, thank's again and as i've said please don't take any offence there is know need to be i am just asking some honest question's to make a heavity descion.
  • Options
    geez
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭

<< <i>If you would please i have several question's i would like addressed. I have no problem with your honesty let's get that out of the way first. But i wish you would have made it, the pisture's so they would have really blown up since you just say the coin i... >>

Fine, you win...
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< why is the observe too dirty and has some craps on it? >> >>

What's funny about that? It is dirty and has some craps on it.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Um.....er........ugggnnnnnnnn

I can't even think now after reading that rlawsha.....

ugg mongo's head hurt
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I had an 180? something bust quarter listed under bust quarters that ended the other nite.

I get a question from a bidder asking if it is a quarter or a half dollar.
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    why is the observe too dirty and has some craps on it?

Geez Jason, I was just asking a simple questionimage

imageimageimageimage

Although it was not a question the funniest inquiry I've heard you receives was the guy trying top trade his boat for one of your coins. Why did he/she think you might need a boat. BTW, how is the boat?image
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i><< why is the observe too dirty and has some craps on it? >> >>

I have no idea why, but I just laughed myself silly on that one!
  • Options

<< <i>Although it was not a question the funniest inquiry I've heard you receives was the guy trying top trade his boat for one of your coins >>

that was a pretty good one. He wanted to trade a bass boat for a Chain cent. I passed.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

Hey Jason, the coin looks like it has craps on it to me!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    that looks like craps to me.

• Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭
    I usually only play don't, I'll take it!

Mainly questions asked of me are will I sell off of eBay which I never do.

Joe.
  • Options
  • Options

The guy probably won't bid, but I would block him anyway.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have this one saved from 2000. All of my auctions at the time were in the U.S. Coins: Errors: caterogy.

--------------------------------
    Xxx Xxxxxxx wrote:

>> Hello, Do you have any J.F.K. family plates for sale? Please email
    >> me at : xxxxx@accessvt.com

Huh. I don't know what it was in my listings that made you think I'd
    have JFK family plates, but as it turns out I do have one.

Unfortunately it's not for sale... the dog eats off it, and I'd hate to
    get him all upset.

Thanks for your inquiry, though.

Sean
    -------------------------------

Oddly enough, I didn't get a reply. image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    LOL. JUST GOT THIS ONE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read it closely and compare his question to the title of my listing!!!!

Question about your item

Dear jgoose514,

Is this coin in an Anacs slab? Thanks! Scott

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below. You'll have the option to display your response directly on the listing.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

3930074640 ANACS EF40 1908-S Key Date! NO RESERVE!!!! Sep-17-04

Thank you,
  • Options
    Actually goose3 I think that person was being extra cautious and rightfully so.

You do not show the slab or give the cert #. He is just making sure that it is actually still in the slab.

Joe.
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    "Is the coin authentic?"
    Yes, it is.
    "But why is it surrounded by plastic in the picture?"
    It's slabbed, I blew up the pic so you could get a better look at the coin.
    "What's slabbed? I thought you said it was authentic?"
    It is, slabbed means a third party grader has graded it for authenticity and an accurate grade, then encased it for safe keeping in a plastic "slab".
    "Well, I'm confused, how do you know it's authentic if it's that little plastic holder?"

Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are NOT going to believe this one.

I asked regarding a sealed proof set box that had never been opened for sale.

"Is there any indication as to what year the proof set is?"

Response:

"Not a problem, I opened it up since someone else also asked and it is from 1954."

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    While I'm not sure if it was this particular coin, it was one of the SAE's I was selling for a board member. All coins had their pics taken in the same manner!

Question: Do you have the Certificate of Authenticity for this coin???
    .image
  • Options
    I have found that when dealing with eBay, beter to ask what may appear as a "stupid" question rather than get burned.

Question: Do you have the Certificate of Authenticity for this coin???

While you show a picture of a certificate, unless your auction specifically stated that the cert would come with the coin I would ask if the cert is included in the auction.

True story: I bid on some Buffalo Nickels that had six pictures in the auction. The nickels were housed in a deluxe Whitman album in the auction. I won. Guess what? the nickels arrived loose in a cardboard box. The album was not included and the auction didn't specifically say that the album was included. Do I think it was under-handed of the seller? Yes. But I learned to ask the "stupid" questions rather than get burned.

I would suggest to all NOT to assume facts not in evidence no matter how "logical" your assumptions may be. ASK first, BID second.

Joe.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok guys...this one is pretty funny......this came via ebay email

3931057925 I am interested. Please, provide pricing information
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options

<< <i>ok guys...this one is pretty funny......this came via ebay email

3931057925 I am interested. Please, provide pricing information >>

Tell him to bid 2 X CDN Ask. He'll still do better than "Coin Vault".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file