Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1962 Fleer football - yesterday's auctions

Early last year I was upset I couldn't win any PSA 8 auctions for 50% over SMR. Early this year I started losing auctions bidding double SMR. Now I can't win bidding triple SMR. These auctions ended yesterday:
1962 Fleer Boston Patriot # 3 Gino Cappelletti RC PSA 8 ___ $81.03 / SMR $30 270%
1962 Fleer Boston Patriots # 11 Ross O'Hanley PSA 8 ___ $31 / SMR $20 155%
1962 Fleer Buffalo Bills # 14 Elbert Dubenion PSA 8 ___ $31 / SMR $28 111%
1962 Fleer Buffalo Bills # 16 Billy Shaw HOF RC PSA 8 ___ $301.96 / SMR $40 755% !!
1962 Fleer Dallas Texans # 24 Cotton Davidson PSA 8 ___ $36 / SMR $20 180%
1962 Fleer Dallas Texans # 32 Mel Branch PSA 8 ___ $51 / SMR $20 255%
1962 Fleer Denver Broncos # 34 Frank Tripucka PSA 8 ___ $66 / SMR $28 236%
1962 Fleer Houston Oilers # 47 Billy Cannon PSA 8 ___ $127.53 / SMR $40 319%
1962 Fleer New York Titans # 56 Robert Brooks PSA 8 ___ $27 / SMR $20 135%
1962 Fleer Oakland Raiders # 72 Jim Otto PSA 8 ___ $56 / SMR $65 86%
1962 Fleer Oakland Raider # 74 Fred Williamson RC PSA 8 ___ $80 / SMR $40 200%
1962 Fleer Oakland Raiders # 75 Tom Louderback PSA 8 ___ $70.99 / SMR $20 355%

And I thought I overpaid when I bought my Shaw for $96 a few months ago.

Even the high pops are selling well over SMR, and the low pops are getting several multiples. All this from a pretty shady seller too image.

Joe

No such details will spoil my plans...

Comments

• Who is the seller??
  • AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Our very own Wolfbear. I think his clout contributed to some of these prices; his '62 Fleer stuff always seems to sell high. I was joking about the shady part if the smiley didn't come across image.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Good Deal Joe, everytime I think something is too high, it proves me wrong.

Jeremy
    Jeremy
  • All that guy ever does is ship you the right product, well packaged in a very timely manner. The nerve of some people.
    This is clearly what happens when the population of high cards dips to equal or slightly below the current number of set builders. This has long been very competitive and active set and it just seems that not many high grade cards are available. In addition, it continues to attract people with the cash to build a high demand set. Thank God I am still on vacation and am not competing for these.
    One thing I haven't seen is trading on these. I may have an extra 8 or two and even an extra nine. All cards I don't need for my set. I would be interested in trading for 62 Fleers that I can use if anybody has any extras.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Sorry I missed all the fun. I prefer to buy from less reliable sellers, though. If you don't know whether you're going to get your card or not, it adds to the excitement of the hobby.

Mike
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus, Paul's a Charger fanimage

Steve

Edited to add some fresh Spam.....if anyone has a PSA 8 Ron Nery (Card #88), please let me know. It's the final card I need to finish my Chargers team set on the Registryimage
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Hee hee, my favorite set.
    The bold colors remind me the property deed cards in old Monopoly games.

And some of the pictures look like they were taken at actual games.
    Ah yes ... I can almost hear the roar of the crowd, and smell the beer ... or vice versa ...

imageimage
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And some of the pictures look like they were taken at actual games.
    Ah yes ... I can almost hear the roar of the crowd, and smell the beer ... or vice versa ... >>

i hear ya! those are 2 beautiful cards!
    ·p_A·