Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Superior Pre-Long Beach Auction...I won,but can't get any responses so I can pay

Anybody else win anything during the auction thru the ebay-live auction? I won several lots, at least it says I did, and have been trying to find out how much to pay? I have emailed and telephoned leaving messages with no responses. I know sometimes it takes a couple of days for them to get the invoices out. Just curious if anybody else is having the same problem or have already received their invoice.

Randy

Comments

• Options
    I called and told them I wanted to pick the coins up at the Long Beach Show. I talked to Glenn and he arranged the pick-up!!! This is the 2nd time I've picked the coins up at the LB Show.
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    One of the lots I bid on closed at the same price as my (high) Internet bid, but I heard nothing since -- no acknowledgments, no nothing -- so I assume a floor bidder took me out with the same bid...
  • Options
    It's odd they don't answer the phone or return your msgs. I don't like their logo, so I don't bid in their auctions. Weird reason I know. What's the buyers fee when you bid via eBay on Superior's auction.

Jerry
  • Options
    gemtone65gemtone65 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭
    I won several lots but haven't yet received my invoice. I had no trouble, however, reaching the auction department and confirming the results.
  • Options
    I won a lot and only just got confirmation. Now all I need is their email address for Paypal, and I'll be all set. I hope they don't keep me waiting forever again like they did the last time.
  • Options
    Collecting XF+ toned Barber dimes
  • Options
    The link would be useful, if this was a Heritage auction we're talking about, but it's not. It's a Superior auction.

Here is the email address of the person who contacted me.

agnesv@sgbh.com

• Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One of the lots I bid on closed at the same price as my (high) Internet bid, but I heard nothing since -- no acknowledgments, no nothing -- so I assume a floor bidder took me out with the same bid... >>

Same here. I called them and was able to confirm that my high bid was the winning bid. I thought I'd probably been outbid as well. When I called, I was told to wait for my invoice to pay. It didn't take this long the last time I won an auction from them tho.

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    I hope this is helpful-

If you register with Superior through their web site you only have to pay hammer plus 15% vs hammer plus 20% from e-bay live. Bidding live through the Superior site also allows you to hit the button which gives you an up to date listing of exactly what you won.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One of the lots I bid on closed at the same price as my (high) Internet bid, but I heard nothing since -- no acknowledgments, no nothing -- so I assume a floor bidder took me out with the same bid... >>

Never mind. I received the invoice today. I guess I did win and that the floor bid was executed on my behalf. So if you haven't received it yet, if you're a winning bidder you should receive your invoice today or tomorrow, most likely. I guess I'm so used to the instant gratification e-sales model that sends you an e-mail confirmation and an invitation to pay instantly on their web site, that I forgot how things were done in the "old days." image
  • Options

<< <i>I hope this is helpful-

If you register with Superior through their web site you only have to pay hammer plus 15% vs hammer plus 20% from e-bay live. Bidding live through the Superior site also allows you to hit the button which gives you an up to date listing of exactly what you won. >>

I'm glad you brought this up. I haven't been able to figure out why people bid thru eBay and pay 20% buyers premium, when they can go to Supeior's site and only pay 15%?

Jerry
  • Options
    I'm glad the thing about the BP was mentioned. I think I'll be surfing through the Superior website to view their lots instead of ebay from now on. I think the extra 5% is to cover all or part of their ebay fees.
  • Options
    always happy to help!

feel free to visit my web site at www.goldrarities.com

I have a very active want list program so many items are sold when they hit the door but I work close.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file