Home Sports Talk
Options

Thank you Fred

Freddie Wilpon Yankee fans LOVE you!!!!

What the heck were the Mess owners thinking when they traded away a young phenom?

BOSTON (AP) -- Rookie Scott Kazmir outpitched Pedro Martinez to lead the Tampa Bay Devil Rays over Boston 5-2 Tuesday night and sent the Red Sox to consecutive losses for the first time in more than five weeks.

9 strikeouts no less in 6 innings.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240914102

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    DONT REMIND ME!! ONLY THING THAT MIGHT HAVE A TWIST TO THAT TRADE, IS IF YOU SEE SWEET LOU MANAGER OF THE METS THIS OFFSEASON, THEN I WILL BELIEVE THAT WAS PART OF THE DEAL. WHICH STILL DOESNT MAKE SENSE TO GIVE UP THE BEST MINOR LEAGUE PITCHER FOR A MANAGER.
  • Options
    Wilpon pitched one heck of a game. Good prospect that they will eventually trade away.
  • Options
    <<ONLY THING THAT MIGHT HAVE A TWIST TO THAT TRADE, IS IF YOU SEE SWEET LOU MANAGER OF THE METS THIS OFFSEASON, THEN I WILL BELIEVE THAT WAS PART OF THE DEAL>>

Why the H would Sweet Lou wanna go to the Mets? After all they are a big MESS and Lou is now managing a team of upcoming future stars such as Kazmir, Crawford, Baldelli, and B.J. Upton whose hero while growing up was Derek Jeter (must make Jeter feel old).

What the Mess need is a new owner or GM? GM's and Managers are always scapegoats. At least the Mess won a pennant under GM Phillips.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    that is a rumor swirling around. youing talent also on mets david wright is already proven he is a star. jose reyes. keppinger looking good. a lot of young talent coming up. they also mentioned lenny dykstra and wally backman today, as well as gary carter.