Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

If I had a dime for every time I saw this auction..

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    why are so many family members dying and giving away their orr rookies, mantle rookies , and t206 cards?

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I see nothing wrong with this auction. his lone neg was a mistake. maybe it is possible the guy is telling the truth?
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ...reminds me of one of my coaches whom last season had to miss work due to the deaths of 3 grandmothers...in three states. He is no longer on my staff...

dgf
  • Options
    Is there anything on the front or back that gives a reprint away? The seller sent my a scan of the back.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I thought scammers didn't take paypal/credit cards?

Maybe it's legit, maybe it's not. If you pay with a credit card and it's fake, wouldn't you be able to get your money back?
  • Options
    This momo posts the exact same auction about twice a month only from a different eBay account.. Same pic... Same description..
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    This guy has a zero "buyer" feedback rating. I would not bid on this.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    It's either a reprint for trimmed. It looks a little "thin" in the top loader.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    If he'd really had this card since 1972, he would be 100% sure it's the real McCoy, not 99%. Reprint scammers usually leave themselves an escape hatch, so they can say the buyer knew the risk. Plus if he keeps running this card out under different names, as influx says ...

Sad but true that the proliferation of scams on eBay makes us look suspiciously at anything that seems even slightly un-kosher.