Home Sports Talk
Options

Vikings STILL have no defense!

man o man, you guys made Vinny look like John Elway. 355 yards passing!!!!! They almost had
3 receivers go over 100 yards! What are you going to do for an encore? Are you ready to put up
40 points a game? What are you going to do when you have to play a real team? You may beat
the Cowgirls, but you know you can't win super bowls without a d!

Lets recap

# of Super Bowl wins:

Bucs 1
Vikes 0

Beef...you are going to own me some cards, Im kicking your butt

Comments

• Options
    Buccaneers 0-1

Viking's 1-0

Right now thats all that matters. Viking's don't even need too much from there D if they're gonna have an offense that scores at will. Randy Moss is scary good. He terrifies entire defenses. Buc's would tremble at the thought of having to cover him. Moss was even playing quarterback today, the guy is even good at that position. He's definately the Michael Jordan of football.
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I generally agree. I had high expectations for the Vikings this year, based upon their defense getting in just the top half of the league in points allowed and yards against.

I did see more hard hits today on defense than I had in quite some time. However, they just didn't get any pressure on an imobile QB and the WRs seemed to be played loose on the line and just made catches everywhere.

Dallas does have one of the better O-lines and their defense was #1 in 2003 --- we picked them apart.

Daunte Culpepper was purely awesome. With him, our stout o-line, Onterrio Smith, Melwede Moore, Moe Williams, Kelly Campbell, Nate Burleson, Jim Kleinsasser, Marcus Robinson, and Randy Moss...well, let's just say that some records could be broken. We may have so much offense that it offsets the defense. The important point was only allowing 17 points.

SKOL!

--- I think the Bucs are in disarray. Time to cut your losses with Brad Johnson and move on...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never understand why fans of losing teams must start threads about other teams. The Bucs might come back and be good, they might not, but it is pretty idiotic to act like they are super bowl champs before they score a touchdown on offense.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Its in his blood he cant help it. Our game isnt over, Yahman Green will put up 3 tds so chill image

As for the Vikes D, see scoreboard image
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    yeah we all know the mini sota story...moss and culpepper light is up for a few games then they have a bad
    game and are on opposite sides of the bench pouting. Moss is spoiled and is NOT a winner...Bowden
    figured that out years ago.

I tell you once, I tell you twice, Mini sota does not have a championship D!

JS
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    lets recap

cowboys 5 rings
    bucs 1 ring
    vikes 0 rings

its only week one no one goes 16-0 or 15-1. long way to go cowboys will be just fine. i chalked this game up as a loss since the schedule came out. i did think our d would be better but hey one game. browns next week dallas will get them at home.

hats off to the vikes but if i was i viking fan id be worried that vinny threw for 355 and you have mcnabb and t owens next week could be a long night. im on the over next week whatever it is image
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    JS,

You sure can find fault in other teams. But what happened to the Bucs? Bottom line is Vikes 1-0 while the Bucs a 0-1.
  • Options
    Everyone saw when Newman decided he wanted to get coc*y with moss, next play moss scores and then the next drive moss scores again. Newman got owned.

Go Vikes
  • Options
    sombody tell me what happened...apparently Moss ran over one of the Cowboy backs and yelled "get out
    of my way women!"

tell me that isn't true! LOL

JS
  • Options
    cowboys 5 rings
    bucs 1 ring
    vikes 0 rings

just want to show you vikes fans what they look like!! and of course you eagles fans also.

• Options
    its been almost 10 years since the cowgirls won a ring...they aint any closer this year. Its kinda like
    Celtics fans coming on here talking smack and telling us about all their rings.....heck I wasn't even born
    yet for two of the cowboys titles!

The NFL is what have you done for me lately. No one cares about Aikman and Emmitt anymore.

However I would mention that not only do the Vikes have no rings but are 0-4. No one remembers
    the guy who gets second place!

Tuna is done!

JS
  • Options
    Tuna is done???? LOL

Gruden whole team left him bc they hate him. Boys be champs again before bucs will. you can quote me on that!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Kuhlmann - In case you didn't notice, Tom Landrey and Jimmy Johnson ain't coaching anymore, and Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman ain't quarterbacking anymore. All you have now is a coach who is going to be quitting at the end of the year, and quarterbacks who can't play. Your Cowboys had some great seasons in the past but the future belongs to the Eagles. That picture of yours ain't gonna be a changin' for a loooong time.

PS: Good picks last weekend!