Home Sports Talk
Options

Bucs get handled

Portis owned you.

0-1 current record for bucs

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    what? Did you watch the game? He had one good run and we shut him down, as a matter of fact the
    skins didn't even sniff the end zone the whole game! Our offense looked rusty and we lost out #1
    reciever and we still only lose by 6??

Im still confident we can make a superbowl run!

GO BUCS
    JS
  • Options
    0-1 Portis over 100 rushing on the "supposed" bucs defense. Can i sense top ten pick!
  • Options

<< <i>what? Did you watch the game? He had one good run and we shut him down, as a matter of fact the
    skins didn't even sniff the end zone the whole game! Our offense looked rusty and we lost out #1

GO BUCS
    JS >>

Super Bowl run. HAHA! Bucs wont be a contender for the next 5 years. They blow.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>what? Did you watch the game? He had one good run and we shut him down, as a matter of fact the

GO BUCS
    JS >>

Super Bowl run. HAHA! Bucs wont be a contender for the next 5 years. They blow. >>

agreed sapp and lynch both gone. TOP TEN PICK HERE THEY COME
  • Options

GO BUCS
    JS >>

umm, he had about 30 runs for 150 yards. that's 5 yards per carry. that's pretty much total dominance over the Bucs D.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter if you run for 500 yards, if you dont get into the endzone you aren't helping your team! The
    skins didn't get into the redzone the whole game!

Our D is better without Sapp and Lynch...mark it! Portis is one of the best backs in the league and we
    stuffed him in the 2nd half. Once our offense figures things out, then watch out! Remeber we lost our
    opening game back in 2002 by 6 points!

BUCS BABY!

JS
  • Options
    i'll become a Bucs fan if Simms ever starts
  • Options
    Top ten pick for the bucs this year, wonder who they will take.
  • Options
    Bucs looked just fine on Defense. If they woulda got McCardell to play they would have won this game.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Joe,

"Didn't get into the redzone?" What game were you watching???

You are lucky the Redskins didn't throw the replay flag when we got that lousy 3rd down call on your 4 yard line.... (which by the way... is in the red zone). That would have been 4 more points right there. Not to mention our missed field goal, or the play where Brunell tripped and basically gave you the touchdown, or the blown pass interference call, or the catch they called back on us, etc..

Man, we (and the officials) tried to hand Tampa the game 10 different times.

The Redskins looked OK, nothing great ...... but Tampa just looked bad.

I wish you all the luck in the world (now that our games out of the way), but I think you're in for a long season.

Mike

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    what about when we were driving down and your defender had his back to the ball against Clayton???????Thats
    pass interference where I come from. That was a huge play and stopped a drive when we were throwing
    against you all at will! Be lucky you got that call!

You all had multiple chances at 3rd and short and we stuffed you each time, why are you so sure that you could
    get in from the 4 against our D when you couldn't convert a 3rd down the entire 2nd half?

yeah good win, but it don't count if you get beaten by Shaun King in the playoffs!

GO BUCS
    JS
  • Options

<< <i>Our D is better without Sapp and Lynch >>

Without Sapp, definitely - but once you play a team with a real passing attack, I think you're gonna start missing Lynch. He looked pretty solid to me in that Sunday night game ...
  • Options
    I liked Lynch because he seemed to always be were the ball is and was always ready to give up his body
    just to lay a lick. You just don't see that anymore in the league. I wish Lynch all the best.

JS
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Our D is better without Sapp and Lynch >>

Without Sapp, definitely - but once you play a team with a real passing attack, I think you're gonna start missing Lynch. He looked pretty solid to me in that Sunday night game ... >>

I love Lynch as a player...and as impressive as that hit was, he should have made that interception, instead of laying out Hall.

Also, I saw him get completely frozen a couple times as Priest ran by him (especially the last TD? I think?).

The Bucs defense is better without those two. They were an amazing part of rebuilding the team from perennial loser to contended then finally super bowl winner. The replacements are stronger and faster, and if you do take away the first run by Portis (which was allowed because of overpursuit by Quarles, but a great run nonethless), he was held under 100 yards.

These doom and gloom predictions for Tampa remind me of 2 numbers:

31-0.

That was the score of the Patriots first game last year...at the hands of the Bills.

All that being said, the Vikes are going to dominate this game. The Eagles' defense is porous at best, and (you head it here first) they will be lucky to go 10-6 this year.