Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

what is the last card............

Sorry if this has been posted here in the past and I also do apologize as this topic has been ripped off from another board but....

If it came down to it and you had to sell everything, what is the last card you would either sell or never sell in your collection?? I thought with the wide array of collectors here it would be interesting to find out what one item or card everyone would have a death grip on in their collection.

Me, I have a 1934 goudey Gehrig that is probably a psa 2 but at least its mine!!!! thats more than good enough for me!!
I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!

Comments

• Options
    I would keep my 1958 Topps Early Wynn #100 (yellow letters). It was my first baseball card my dad bought me when I was about 5 years old. (I am 22 now). Its not PSA graded... he bought it before I had even heard of PSA. It would probably only grade a 7, but that doesn't really matter. It just sits on my desk in the original screw down it came in, and will probably never be taken out.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    My wife has a Cal Ripken Jr. 1982 Fleer card graded NM7 that was a Gift from Heartlandman. This card will never leave our collection, that is until it is handed down to our daughter.

Thanks HLM,
    Ray
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    I have a 1958 Mickey Mantle All-Star card. I received this card from a Catholic priest. He gave it to me when my wife (girlfriend at the time) were talking to him about getting married. He asked if I had any hobbies and told him I collected cards. He pulled it right out of his wallet and said this always brought me luck. I could not believe it when I saw it. Of course being in a wallet its about vg-ex to Ex but hey its a Mantle card. Eleven years later my wife would kick my A$$ if I ever got rid of it.
  • Options
    I have a 1973 Schmidt rookie from a pack I opened as a kid - graded SGC 84.
    Kosmo
  • Options
    It would have to be my favorite card: 70T Bench. Its condition or grade is completely irrelevant.
  • Options
    1997 Finest Tim Duncan #101, raw. It was a present from my wife. image

Peter G.
    Always looking for PSA 9 or better Alan Trammell basic set cards. Visit my Trammell card web site at "www.trammellcards.com"
  • Options
    I have a raw T206 Moriarty that survived my first collection, which I sold to buy and car and put myself through college. The card was with my other non baseball tobacco cards that I overlooked and left with my dad. He sent the cards when I found out I got back into the hobby last year. The card sits on my bookshelf at work in a screwdown. I will never ever get rid of it.
    cheers,
    minibeers
    1966T, 1971T, 1972T raw and in 8s
    1963T Dodgers in 8s
    Pre-war Brooklyn 5s or higher
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    None. They are all available for sale at the right price or if I should ever have to sell.
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Venezuelan!

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I'd probably sell it all and keep my Ruth card:

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    My favorite card of all time is the Unitas rookie card I bought 5 or 6 years ago - which graded out a PSA 7... My favorite card from my 2nd favorite QB of all time (behind Marino of course image

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg