Home Stamps Forum
Options

I had a stamp collection once...

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
Alright let me see if I can get this right...My Step Fathers Brother passed away in a truck accident, his sone came into my home to live for a bit (I think he was around 12, I was maybe 15 or so, I can't remember the exact ages) He of course inherited his dads stamp collection, which was a few boxes, maybe 20 or so albums, totaling easily to about a few thousand stamps (A conservative guess). He traded them to me for something insignificant, maybe some comic books or something I can't really remember. I wasn't a stamp collector but the deal was so good I could not pass it up.

My step dads mom (Grandmotherinlaw) somehow ended up with the collection.

I wish I still had it, I might be able to sell some of it for coin money (Hey it's the truth) but I tend to hold onto some of the better stuff in my collections, which at this time amounts to Comic Books, Coins, Magic Cards, Baseball Cards and yes....Beanie Babies (These are actually my daughters)

What the heck shes getting them all when I'm done anyway image
Ray

PS. Why did I tell you all this...lol. When stuff like this happens on the coin forum, it amazes alot of us, kind of like an unsearched hoard...is it the same for you stamp folk?