Home Stamps Forum
Options

How do you store/display your stamp collection

I was wondering how other people store their primary collection(s). I used a 4 vol set of Scott Ne Plus Ultras for 19th century world, Scott Brownies for 1900-1930, Schaubek Hingeless for early US, and Schaubek Hingeless for early Canada, but as GQ mentioned in another post, that he quit using albums as he didn't want to be dictated on how to display his collection. I was always a sucker for Scott as they put their catalog numbers in the spaces. But now I am beginning to use the small G&K dealer pages/binders to house my stamps. I used to use Vario pages, but it was always a mess when you had to insert a stamp or set and had to re-arrange the whole layout. How do you house your collection?

Doug

Comments

• Options
    I use Lighthouse album pages with my own layout (laser printer). All stamps and covers are stored on lighthouse clear mounts. The mounts are fixed to the pages with acid-free glue. I take great care to use only one side sealed mounts and use the seal side to support the whole stamp or cover.

Stamps and philatelic material waiting to be mounted are stored on Vario sheets keept on 7 ring binders. Duplicate material is placed on 102 cards, until trade.

Albums and binders are stored upright, on a shelf that never receives direct sunlight, and pages are aerated a few times every year.
    Boldly Going Nowhere