Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Bittersweet

I finished a set yesterday. I now have examples of all 20 of the one mun coins produced in 1881 by the Palace Guard Regiment (muwiyong) in Korea. I happened across a a whole mess of them in an excellent coin store that I stumbled into in Seoul. Previously, I had more holes than coins in this series and now I have the whole thing. I like the sense of satisfaction but now the hunt is over image

I bought quite a few other Korean cash coins as well, especially the Pyongyang issues of 1891. I completed one series of these BY ACCIDENT and am only one short of completing yet another. It is odd to complete a series without even knowing it.

Comments

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me that you deserve two pats on the back: one for each set. image .image

Time to expand your horizons, grasshopper.

Gene
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options

<< <i> I completed one series of these BY ACCIDENT >>

4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    The accidental completion was so bizarre. I had a few of the series already but I couldn't remember which ones so I just bought one of each that the dealer had and figured I would do a giveaway here if there were doubles. It turns out that I only hit the holes, bought no doubles, and came out with a full set!

There are some other doubles though. I am thinking a giveaway might be in order. I have to give this some thought. I need to come up with some sort of topical question/s.
  • Options
    wish I could accidentally complete my Morgans

image for completing your set sumnom.
    BTW: can you get DPRK coins there?
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Yes, DPRK coins are available here but I have not yet started collecting them.
  • Options
    imageimage Double congratulations!! imageimage It is a mixed feeling to complete a set, but now you will have to think about your next challenge.image Any clue to what it might be?
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Sumnom!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options

<< <i>wish I could accidentally complete my Morgans >>

4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin