Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1905 Sixpence

I recently grabbed this one from an "undisclosed" coin store. It completes a date run of UNC Edward VII sixpences. What is cool is that I lost a bid for a similar 1905 6d on ebay recently - I got this one for about 50% of that bid! Sorry about the scratchy holder, but guess the grade.

Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.

Comments

• Options
    Very nice, Tom. I will say it grades MS-64. Congratulations on completing your set.image
  • Options
    Nice coin. MS65
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I think I'll go with a 65 also. Nice grab.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    I say UNC.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad the coin isn't the 1/2 Crown or Shilling. A wonderful example and worthy of high grade. I like the coin for its strike, originality and colour and frankly... to quote another board member and what I too have said... sometimes numbers just don't matter and this is one of those times. I would be shocked with a grade lower than 64 and I am in the mid 65 range. Great coin and Wybrit, I know you know how tough this coin is in this state of preservation... What a snag!! congrats!

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.