Home Sports Talk

just for you, joestalin

from The Sports Guy, Bill Simmons, talking about the 2004 Bucs

To poor Jon Gruden, dealing with a rotting corpse on his hands with this 2004 Bucs team. When you keep losing key guys and screwing up draft picks, eventually, bad things will happen (just ask the Raiders last season). Now they're one of those "Looks good on paper" teams, like the guy in your roto draft who starts taking Curtis Martin, Tim Brown, Keyshawn Johnson, Eddie George and Joey Galloway in the middle rounds, and you glance at their team and think, "Man, they look pretty good!" until you remember that this isn't 1998 anymore. That's the Bucs.

Simmons' picks-

NFC SOUTH
Carolina -- 10-6
New Orleans -- 9-7
Atlanta -- 7-9
Tampa Bay -- 5-11

Comments

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Bill who? Never heard of this guy, Im sure he was predicting an 8-8 bucs team back in 2002...Brad Johnson
    could never win anything right??

We have lost what..Big mouth Sapp.....McFarland is BETTER! Lynch...yeah ok that will hurt but we still
    have an amazing defense and we were getting to the playoffs with Shaun King and Warrick Dunn! Now
    we have 5 very good wide outs and Alstott is back healthy.

Good rid...thanks for putting this down, so I have this jerk offs name when it comes Decemeber and the bucs
    are in first, of course these links magically disappear when these idiot's predictions are completly wrong! Im
    sure he picked the Patsies and Eagles this year...these guys have no balls.

GO BUCS
    Kevin
  • JS, I see you voted in my NFC South poll as there is now 1 vote for the Bucs.......then again my vote is the lone vote for the Falcons. Interestingly enough, of all the ESPN analysts that made predictions, only one picked the Bucs as NFC South champs (Scouts Inc.), but they usually have good predictions. Predictions for '04 campaign

Brian
    Brian

All these guys are weak, they pick the teams that won last year....let me guess they all picked Carolina
    and the Eagles, The Patsies and the Colts right??

Come on, the teams that have won the SB the past 4 years have come out of nowhere to do it and they did it
    with defense. These bozos never pick the right teams,. I love flying under the radar..see you in February!

JS
    GO BUCS
  • Huh, that guy predicted the Buc's would win 5 games this year, really?

Awfully generous isn't he!image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
    man we will sure miss beating up on the old NFC Central...oh well...so how many is Vinny going to put on
    you all...30? 35? 40?

LOL
    JS
  • Vinny, please? Old father time isn't gonna do nothin' today. Moss is gonna score 2 or 3 touchdowns today and Keyshawn is gonna ask him for his autograph, and the vinster is gonna be shaking his head in the fourth quarter even more than Peyton Manning was in last years playoff loss.
  • hey kevin, looks like bill simmons knows a lot more about football than you do. the Bucs looked terrible. poor Brad Johnson, that piss poor O-line is gonna get him killed by week 8
  • Bill Simmons is da man!image