Home Sports Talk
Options

Tiger and Elin splitsville???

I just heard a rumor that tiger and Elin are no longer an item, can anyone confirm this or not? I wonder why they split? (apparently because tiger is too cheap). Will this help or hinder is career? Any info would be appreciated as i am an avid golf fan.
abc

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    It is not a rumor--was on the news several times last night. I did not pay attention to what they said, other than the engagement is off.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Hooray! Maybe now he can focus on golf again...

Sorry Tiger, she was hot and all, but your game went to sh*t when you started dating her.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    His game went to pot when he got rid of Butch Harmon (swing coach).

Tiger has a tendency to remove people around him who seem to get any sort of popularity (his old caddy comes to mind (Fluff), or heaven forbid that Butch was a good swing coach.

His failure to admit he needs a swing coach and the fact he doesn't play in very many tournaments are the 2 biggest reasons why his game has gone downhill in the past few years.
  • Options
    Yes, it's true, I broke them up...as you can see, I bring a smile to her face..image
    The first person in the PSA universe to complete the 1969 OPC
    Hockey set! Always looking to buy, trade or upgrade 1966 Topps to 1969 OPC.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, it's true, I broke them up...as you can see, I bring a smile to her face..image >>

that is not her....
    that is the "fake" model people THOUGHT was her in nude photos...

Link explaining... - ***WARNING - Nudity on that link! - 21+ only*****
    imageimage
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tiger could have saved $125,000,000 had he broken the engagement.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW he has been cleared by his Drs. to resume his game 6 mths. removed from his back surgery.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hasn't this guy proven he is a POS both on and off the gold course? He hasn't been relevant for 10 (?) years. Buh by teegrrr.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope he never wins again. He is a POS!!!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Axtell said:

his game has gone downhill in the past few years.

13-yr-old bumps are always fun. After Axtell posted this, Tiger won 6 more majors.

• Options

Been cold for nine years though.

• Options
    edited October 21, 2017 3:07PM

So very difficult to wrap my mind around the fact that his last major triumph was when he was hobbling around on one leg against Rocco. That seems like an eternity ago.

But let's not forget, he was still playing exceptional golf as late as 2013. He didn't win a major that year, but he did have 5 dubyas and was the POTY.

Penny for your prophecy, Glick. When he turns 45 (roughly 3 yrs, 2 months from now), is he playing on tour? If so, is he any good?

• Options

I have to set aside my distaste for the guy before making any predictions.

Woods was certainly the greatest player of our time. If the next best during his career was Mickelson, Phil was light years behind him.

Four back surgeries and over 40 years old, I don't see Tiger ever competing for another major and any tournament win is a huge longshot.

If he were a major league ballplayer, e would have retired with great admiration and fanfare a couple of years ago. Pro golfers though are forever. His legacy will tarnish a bit with each poor performance, but who am I to tell Woods to hang it up.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vegas future book on Tiger to win 2018 Masters,66-1.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Same as Rosie O'Donell to be the next president.

• Options

i abhorred Eldrick for many, many years, but i softened considerably during his tailspin. love or hate the guy, this is potentially fantastic for golf.

espn.com/golf/story/_/id/21229759/tiger-woods-returning-competitive-golf-nov-30