Home Sports Talk
Options

Top 15 Candy *ss Shedules:

You have got to be kidding me. What has college football been reduced to? Aren't the top teams supposed to
play the better teams in the nation? I am sickened at what these supposed "best" teams are doing in the
first two weeks of the season! The top three teams just showed us how NOT to look on national tv, what
are these guys going to do when they actually have to play a ranked team??

Lets recap:

No 1 USC...escapes against Va Tech, which I was told will be their hardest game of the year!!! WHAT???

No 2 OU...Gives Bowling Green 24 points! Will have a huge test next week against Houston!

No 3 LSU...Looked horrible against a .500 at best team at home! Needed an act of god to win...next week
against Arkansas St...what a joke

No 4 Georgia...Looked bad against Georgia Southern off to play the gamecoc*s...florida still owns you

No 7 Michigan...Miami of Ohio??? LOL next week against the Irish...what color dresses will the Irish be wearing?

No 9 Ohio St. First game against Cincy followed up by Marshall!! This team is a top 10???

No 11 West Virginia....This team might crack the top 10 after playing East Carolina and Central Florida????

No 12 K State....these guys are ALWAYS pretenders, why are they always in the top 15?? Maybe cause they
start with Western Kentucy and Fresno State!

No 13 Iowa....Kent State...hmmm they are a powerhouse!

If your team is playing a powerhouse the first week I want to know! Is the ACC the only conf that will put it all
on the line? This is a freaking joke!

JS

Comments

• Options
    Joe,

You are familiar with college football, right?

First off, teams in real conferences know they will have to play some tough games over the course of a season (you
    know, Minnesota, Iowa, Purdue, Ohio State).

The preseason is to warm up, shake the cobwebs off and maybe take on an out of conference rival. Michigan's out of
    conference rival is Notre Dame (second only to Ohio State in overall rivalry). The game was on the schedule long before
    any of current players were at either school, before you knew whether they would stink or whether they would be #1
    in the nation (you are familiar with Notre Dame football, right?)

Next Michigan is starting a new quarterback, this week it was a freshman. I was just happy he showed a little poise
    out there. If he could just stop staring down his number one receiver he'll be fine.

Finally, Michigan beat the team that had the longest current winning streak in college football. Was is Florida State?
    Nope, not FSU, they didn't have the longest winning steak. And you're giving not credit to any of the MAC schools.
    Bowling Green, Miami of Ohio, Mashall, these are not bad teams.

-KHayse

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    FSU's schedule

9-6-04 at Miami FL (Mon.)
    9-18-04 UAB
    10-9-04 at Syracuse
    11-20-04 FLORIDA
    TBA CLEMSON
    TBA VIRGINIA
    TBA DUKE
    TBA NORTH CAROLINA
    TBA at Maryland
    TBA at Wake Forest
    TBA at North Carolina State

UM's Schedule

9-4-04 MIAMI OH
    9-11-04 at Notre Dame
    9-18-04 SAN DIEGO STATE
    9-25-04 IOWA
    10-2-04 at Indiana
    10-9-04 MINNESOTA
    10-16-04 at Illinois
    10-23-04 at Purdue
    10-30-04 MICHIGAN STATE
    11-13-04 NORTHWESTERN
    11-20-04 at Ohio State

Ohio State

9-4-04 CINCINNATI
    9-11-04 MARSHALL
    9-18-04 at North Carolina State
    10-2-04 at Northwestern
    10-9-04 WISCONSIN
    10-16-04 at Iowa
    10-23-04 INDIANA
    10-30-04 PENN STATE
    11-6-04 at Michigan State
    11-13-04 at Purdue
    11-20-04 MICHIGAN

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    LMAO...was that suposed to prove anything?? I think it actually made you look more stupid! Michigan
    plays nobody, they can get it all ready for one decent team at the end of the season, meanwhile FSU
    are playing good teams thorughout the season and most importantly right off the bat.....I guess we
    don't need warmups??

Come on, admit your teams don't have the sack to put it all on the line in week 1??

Michigan is playing one ranked team and that is at the very end of the season..thats weak!

khayse...LOL....are you trying to tell me Bowling Green is good?? come on man

JS
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    JoeStalin!
    I must admit if you were not around this board WOULD suck!

You mean to tell me that you think FSU could "Hang" in the big10??? LOL!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    If opening up your schedule against Marshall and Cincy means haning in the big 10 then yes I think
    we could!

We all know what the big 10 does..they schedule one decent team a year and they play them at home and
    then they wonder why the BCS doesn't give them any credit?? You all should of lost points for playing
    those teams! Show some sack and come out swinging and stop trying to tell me that Minnesota and
    Notre Dame are tough games!

JS
  • Options
    They could more than hang. They would run the damn big 10! Woo Ohio State And Michigan! I'm shaking! I'll take Florida,UM over those weak schools. Ohio state is so overrated it's a joke.
    No one has the balls to put it on the line like fsu does. Not only that they don't play push over teams every other week. the ACC is rising...the big 10 has always been weak as hell.
    Can you say holiday bowl?
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    That schedule is a joke, we might even to manage to win a game or two with that. I had no idea FSU played such a candy-ass schedule. That is embarassing. image
  • Options
    Joe,

You're such a little toad.

Let's see:
    #13 Iowa
    #23 Minnesote
    #25 Purdue
    #9 Ohio State

Versus:
    #5 Miami
    #16 Clemson
    #20 Virginia
    #21 Maryland
    #10 Florida

Big deal. We put Notre Dame on the schedule and they probably will suck this year. We didn't have Wisconsin
    this year just because of the way the schedule fell. Anyway, not very different schedules.

> Come on, admit your teams don't have the sack to put it all on the line in week 1??
    Seriously, do little boys talk like this where you're from? Does this come off as cool to the 14 year old girls you're chasing?
    So far your team hasn't played anyone, literally. Since they left a bye week to lick their wounds from Miami they can let
    the game slide a week (to week 3), the same week Michigan play Notre Dame. Way to sack up FSU.

> Show some sack and come out swinging and stop trying to tell me that Minnesota and Notre Dame are tough games!
    Is Minnesota ranked? Yes they are.
    Does Notre Dame have the most storied football program in all the NCAA? Yes they do.
    You see in the grown up world these schedules are made up years in advance. We put Notre Dame on the schedule
    because they have the second best winning percentage in college football. They have the most national championships
    in the 20th century. We play them because they are among the best. You don't toss that aside because they've had
    a bad run lately.

But the Florida State All-Girls School wouldn't know anything about tradition because they haven't been around long enough.

-KHayse