Home Sports Talk
Options

what is LSU doing???

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Well at least we won't have to listen to LSU fans talk smack for awhile.

I swear they missed their extra point in overtime. Maybe next time I'll record it so I can go back.

-KHayse
  • Options

<< <i>Well at least we won't have to listen to LSU fans talk smack for awhile.

I swear they missed their extra point in overtime. Maybe next time I'll record it so I can go back.

-KHayse >>

I have Tivo and it DID look like they missed it...
    but we only had the one, stright on shot
    so we cant see the depth perception of it
    and/or another angle.
    but I did say the exact same thing
    imageimage
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    can you say pretender? Where is LA Tech and Monroe State when you need them!

So far out of OU, USC and LSU I have yet to see a top 10 team! Bring on the sissy schedules!

GO NOLES

JS
  • Options

<< <i>So far out of OU, USC and LSU I have yet to see a top 10 team! >>

Bearing in mind that my Auburn Tigers also played a powder puff,
    I have to agree with this.
    All three did not look that great.

but joe, FSU may start out with a big game
    but UAB does not look that tough the next week...

(interesting side note, by the way... I am a UAB alum)

imageimage
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    there is a huge diff between playing Miami and UAB versus playing Kent State and Marshall. Heck the Noles
    will have a harder schedule after 1 game than most teams will have the whole season!

This is just sad, college football needs to fix this!

JS
  • Options
    All I can say is that the football gods must have been smiling down on the Tigers tonight. It took every ounce of luck they could muster to come out with a W. Unfriggin believable that guy missed THREE straighr PATs!! The offense was awful. And I mean awful. The only reason they still had a shot in this game was their D. If anything good came out of this game it was the emergence of the RS freshman QB Jamarcus Russell. This guy has the potential to be great. Cudos to Coach Saban for playing him over 5th year senior Marcus Randall in the 2nd half, although he couldn't have done much worse. Oh if we only had Mauck and Clayton back for one more year. Kevin, I gotta agree, none of the top ranked teams, especially LSU, have lived up to their billing yet. Is it just rust? Not taking the other team as a serious threat? Lack of leadership? That remains to be seen. But one thing is for certain. After the a$$ eating Saban gives the Tigers tonight, I promise they will be on their Ps & Qs come next week. BTW LSU may be playing a cupcake next week but look a little further on down the road. They get Georgia, Florida, and Auburn all on the road within a month. It doesn't get any tougher.
  • Options
    If I was the Oregon State coach, I would run that idiot who caught the ball and kept it, thus adding 5 yards to the PAT which then doinked off the goalpost, mile after mile after mile. Talk about NFL trash/selfish mentality. The guy wanted to keep the ball for his trophy case.
  • Options

<< <i>This is just sad, college football needs to fix this!

JS >>

what do you suggest?

should we just eliminate all the "bad" teams?
    imageimage
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    If I were the Oregon State coach I think I'd fling myself into the Willamette River today. (Well, I guess I'd first complain about the weak defensive holding calls in OT.) I have no idea what conventional wisdom suggests, but after my kicker missed two PAT's, my team frittered away an 8-point lead with just minutes to play and with momentum squarely on the LSU side, I would've gone for 2 in OT.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    I thought the holding calls were a little weak myself. Can't believe they bailed them out on two in a row.

I would've let them play more.

At the time the coach was making the decision for th PAT I still thought LSU missed their PAT so of course I would let them
    try it for the win.

-Khayse
  • Options

<< <i>This is just sad, college football needs to fix this!

JS >>

what do you suggest?

should we just eliminate all the "bad" teams?

WELL joe?

dont be like John Kerry and say things are done wrong, but
    then NEVER say what You think should be done about it...

imageimage