Home Sports Talk
Options

Have you ever sold sports tickets online?

I have some Michigan football tickets I need to get rid of. Has anyone used stubhub.com or ebay for sport tickets?

How were the results? What percentage of face did you get?

Thanks for any help.

-KHayse

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay has definitive rules regarding selling "live" tickets, which coincide with state laws. You'll have to check out the Ebay site which will have posted the state laws for Michigan.
  • Options
    I looked up Ebay's rules. For Michigan is says the seller cannot get more than the face price for tickets. This law seems to be
    pretty much ignored.

For buyers it says:
    Michigan Residents: Michigan state law restricts the resale price of a ticket for this venue (event location). If you are a resident of Michigan, your maximum bid cannot exceed $525.00. More information on eBay's ticket policy.

This was for one particular auction and seems to vary. Looks like it is set to 10 times face price and the auction ends when
    it reaches this level.

Thanks,
    -KHayse
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Michigan V. OSU?????image
  • Options
    i think you can't sell a ticket for more than 10% or 15% higher than face value

of course, you could sell a michigan tshirt for $250 and throw in a few "free" tickets
  • Options
    I have bought plenty of MAjor League BB tickets on line. For sold out tickets, it is the only way to get them without paying 10X face value. For non sold out games, the seats are much better than available from Box Office. I usually paid more than face value, and up to 3X for some Cubs tix.

IF Mich. is sold out, as I expect they are, I would expect you to be able to get significantly more than face.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    Michigan is ALWAYS sold out.

Could not believe the number of people down there looking for tickets today. It was awesome.

Miami of Ohio would have actually done pretty well without the billion (7 at last count) turnovers. image

-KHayse