Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANA Awards Banquet goodies...

I searched for where someone else might have posted this information and didn't find anything, sorry if I'm duplicating someone else's effort.

I went to the Pittsburgh ANA awards banquet and thought all the goodies I received were kinda cool, and thought that just maybe someone else here would be interested in reading about them...

1. Bimetallic 1.5" diameter aluminum and brass token by the society for the preservation of the Duquesne Incline that reads ANA Worlds Fair of Money around the outside. Evidently manufactured by the Northern Mint.

2. Elongated peace nickel embossed with the ANA lamp and Gary E. Lewis, President, 2003-2005.

3. Elongated Duquesne brass token (same as the center of #1) with Pittsburgh ANA World's Fair of Money embossed into it.

4. Gem BU (MS65ish) Pennsylvania statehood quarter.

5. 2 inch diameter patina copper Christmas ornament showing the downtown Pittsburgh area in relief made by Wendell August.

6. 3 inch square chocolate with the ANA logo made by Sarris Candies of Pittsburgh.

7. One troy ounce .999 silver round made by Silvertowne with mention of the ANA convention on one side and the Pennsylvania statehood quarter design on the other.

8. A pressed intaglio card with an eagle and mention of the banquet (suitable for framing).

9. A 2005 Red Book (spiral bound) with a sticker inside the front cover commemorating the event.

10. Last but not least, a four course meal....salmon or chicken. I had the salmon.

Pretty cool stuff for a $50 bill...
C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
The Lincoln cent store:
http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
http://www.cdaughtrey.com
USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.

Comments

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    even better if you had a exhibit...then the ticket was free!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file