Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Rick Ankiel.............

Will probably be in the lineup pretty soon.
Kinda scary.... Much rather it be at the beginning of the season. But he is pitching pretty solid in the minors right now. Cards could use his left arm, preferably with control.
I'm excited and hope he does well.
What do you all think?

I'm pretty confident. I'll be searching Ebay after this post!

Ben

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    It looks like a good time to pick up some ultimate victory rookie cards!

Kevin
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JS
    I see 5 eTopps on ebay at 38$ - can anyone resist that?

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    I better grab them before Stalin does....LOL

Kevin - are you through with your 2004 Etopps set yet, or are you still shy a few cards?

TheRoach

imageimage
    7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    He'll be gone as quick as he arrives... he's got a mental block that will come right back once he gets back to the pro's. He's a great pitcher, but thinks too much.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    He's only 25, but with his history, it's still a risk. He could blow up at any time, and if LaRussa does intend to use him in the playoffs, we have to remember that's where he went wrong. That said, I hope he does make it. Whatever happened to him to make him mental is kind of cruel. And I like LaRussa for standing by him. And I think there's a built-in market for him, people want to like him. His cards still sold well even a year or more after he'd been out of the game.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay