Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dansco or old Wayte Raymond ?

I currently have almost all of my raw coins in Dansco albums but have read a lot about the old Wayte Raymond albums and how they produce nice toning on coins when stored in them. Since I prefer coins with target and peripheral toning should I switch to the WR albums? I know most here probably use the Dansco.Curious if anybody has used the WR albums and their experience with them. Pro and cons welcomed.

Thanks,
Randy

Comments

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All albums will tone with target toning. Remember that the old albums have likely lost their sulfur by now--if the coins tone, it will still take years, and won't happen unless there's both heat and humidity--if you store your coins somewhere safe like a dry safe, they likely will tone little, if at all.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Crazy4CoinsCrazy4Coins Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭
    Hey Jeremy,

Some of the WR album pages that I recently got have never been used.Others have minimal use and some alot.When you say the albums have probably lost their sulfur content, is that to the air or to previous coins stored in them? Since I live in Florida its pretty much hot and humid everywhere.

Randy
  • I think that's what he means. Over time the sulfur that was originally in the pages bled off either into the atmosphere or into the coins previous holdered in them. That's not to say that they still don't have any left in them, just that it will probably take a while for the coins to tone, unless you put the albums behind your furnace or someplace like that.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dansco or old Wayte Raymond?

why not both?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file