Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Did you guys know there's a block buyers section in My Ebay?

RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
Not the regular block bidders feature.

<< <i>Buyer Block Preferences

You can block some purchases from other eBay members. To set blocks, use this form to select the kinds of buyers you'd like to block. When you're done, click the Submit button below. To let specific users buy your items regardless of the blocks you set, add the users to your buyer block exemption list.

Note: Use caution when setting these blocks. Setting buyer blocks may reduce your selling success.

Block buyers who:
Are from countries to which I don't ship.
Have a feedback score of -1-2-3 or less.
Have received Unpaid Item strikes from more than 1 seller in the last 30 days. >>

I just found it. Didn't even know it was there.

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up image
  • Options
    TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    Russ,
    Great info, I will put it to use!!

Thanks Tom
  • Options
    Hey Russ. I saw this the other day. It's not particularly useful though. You still can't block bidders with "zero" feedback or those who just registered a day earlier and are bidding up a storm on lots of auctions. It would be better if a Seller had the option to block bidders based upon their own criteria - including bidder feedback or any number of feedbacks thereof (not just -1, -2, -3 and out of country bidders). image matteproof
    Remember Lots Wife
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Wow. This is cool stuff. Thanks for the tip. image
  • Options
    I like that feature!
  • Options

<< <i>I saw this the other day. It's not particularly useful though. >>

I agree. For example, I think one NPB, not "more than one" should be blockable. But, it's a start and more than we had before.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I looked for that the other day and had to go searching the old fashion way for it.
  • Options
    Where the "L" is it?

I've been having to go to the help option everytime I want to block somebody.image
  • Options
    In My eBay, over on the left under "My Account", it's listed as "eBay Preferences". Toward the bottom of that section is "Buyer Block Preference".

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! I will block NPBs but wish I could block with the first reported NPB...
  • Options
    Damifitaint.

Thanx for the info.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I saw this the other day. It's not particularly useful though. >>

I agree. For example, I think one NPB, not "more than one" should be blockable. But, it's a start and more than we had before.

Russ, NCNE >>

Hey Russ. Yes, you are correct. That "not more than one NPB" idea would be a great feature. It is a start though as you say. image matteproof
    Remember Lots Wife
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    I had seen this a while ago (the folk over on alt.marketing.online.ebay were yakking about it), but I didn't think it was particularly useful. Maybe it's just me, but I've never been comfortable with limiting my customer base. Sure, I got about a dozen-twenty blatant yahoos blocked, but I'm not about to begrudge someone from an off-beat country or what have you.

Besides, I don't ship until I get the money, so what do I have to lose, aside from a few cents in listing fees?
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    never have sold a thing on ebay & didn't know that exists, but it sounds like a very useful tool for you ebay warriors.

K S
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>never have sold a thing on ebay & didn't know that exists, but it sounds like a very useful tool for you ebay warriors. K S >>

Why don't you sell on eBay? eBay could use more honest Sellers.

What format Karl do you use to sell?

peacockcoins

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Thread little "old" but still useful...... With that .20 listing fee today a bunch of us will take advantage of it. I have. What concerns me is having alot of items for sale at one time. I currently block bidders that have won 2 lots in last 10 days with feed back of less than 5. Thinking maybe I should limit 2 lots to one buyer , for now ,so I"m not so exposed to NPBuyers. How do you handle this? Thanks.

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Wow, this is a momentous occasion. I knew something about Ebay that Russ didn't know! I've had those blocks in place for a long time.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Geeze, it's been there for months!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    jgrinzjgrinz Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>never have sold a thing on ebay & didn't know that exists, but it sounds like a very useful tool for you ebay warriors. K S >>

Why don't you sell on eBay? eBay could use more honest Sellers.

What format Karl do you use to sell? >>

SOUNDS like the kind of seller that just - BUYs BUYS BUYS image - His wife hates him too

I knew this existed and use it to block out of USA buyers unless I add thier name to the unblocked list. Which I have
    done for OUT of US board members image

• Options

<< <i>Thread little "old" but still useful...... With that .20 listing fee today a bunch of us will take advantage of it. I have. What concerns me is having alot of items for sale at one time. I currently block bidders that have won 2 lots in last 10 days with feed back of less than 5. Thinking maybe I should limit 2 lots to one buyer , for now ,so I"m not so exposed to NPBuyers. How do you handle this? Thanks. >>

Wow, that's some kind of paranoia. I pretty much let anybody bid on my stuff. I think you're overthinking the "block buyer" options.
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Russ. I have blocked a few bidders but wasn't aware of this tool. I'll definitely use it!

I don't sell to overseas bidders, but a couple of times they've bid anyway, and at least once I remember they WON my item and I ended up shipping it overseas anyway. It was a hassle, because the form said to charge them like $30.00 S. & I. and if I remember correctly, the following day she messaged me to mail it to a friend of hers in Florida instead, which would've been cheaper. No wonder people advise against selling to overseas buyers. image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options

<< <i>Geeze, it's been there for months! >>

Actually, it's been there for years. This thread was posted over 2 1/2 years ago.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Actually, it's been there for years. This thread was posted over 2 1/2 years ago.

Russ, NCNE >>

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    I stumbled upon it a few months ago when I was attempting to block a non-payer. I wish you could block bidders with 0 feedback.
  • Options

<< <i>I wish you could block bidders with 0 feedback. >>

How would anyone get started on eBay if one could do this?
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wish you could block bidders with 0 feedback. >>

How would anyone get started on eBay if one could do this? >>

To be honest, over the last several years I have had dozens of buyers with feedback less than 10 and the only issues were learning curves for them like not knowing how to use pay-pal etc...

The only trouble I have had are from bidders with junk feedback around 100.
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856

<< <i>I've had those blocks in place for a long time. >>

As have I, but thanks for sharing it with everyone.
    aka Dan
  • Options

<< <i>

Russ, NCNE >>

I have got to start reading the dates on these things!!

• Options
    Rob85635Rob85635 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Is there a way to block certain SELLERS" from coming back when you search? I checked "my ebay" preferences and found nothing. I would like to be able to filter searches to leave out sellers with less than 10 feedback, less than 98%, out of country, and maybe a few other things.
    Rob the Newbie
  • Options
    I've had those cheched since, well I guess when the "MyEbay" rolled out.....or shortly after...

Have a feedback score of -1-2-3 or less.
    Have received Unpaid Item strikes from more than 1 seller in the last 30 days

AL
  • Options

<< <i>Is there a way to block certain SELLERS" from coming back when you search? I checked "my ebay" preferences and found nothing. I would like to be able to filter searches to leave out sellers with less than 10 feedback, less than 98%, out of country, and maybe a few other things. >>

I don't think so, but a good way to filter out 99% of scammers is to disallow the following terms when searching: "God bless America", "diagnosed with cancer", "found at farm auction", and "shipping from China"
  • Options
    Rob85635Rob85635 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"found at farm auction" >>

Hehe, I like that one. I will remember it.
    Rob the Newbie
  • Options
    I guess that you will put me in your blocked list now huh Russ.....image
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    Marty, I can;t even begin to figure out what kind of stupid jackass I want to call you. image
  • Options

<< <i>Marty, I can;t even begin to figure out what kind of stupid jackass I want to call you. image >>

No don't start with the profanity, or you might end up on BittlesBank's hit list of EVIL coin collectors!!image

• Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there a way to block certain SELLERS" from coming back when you search? I checked "my ebay" preferences and found nothing. I would like to be able to filter searches to leave out sellers with less than 10 feedback, less than 98%, out of country, and maybe a few other things. >>

I don't think so, but a good way to filter out 99% of scammers is to disallow the following terms when searching: "God bless America", "diagnosed with cancer", "found at farm auction", and "shipping from China" >>

And don't forget, "I'm an honest seller", I run from those!

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    I found this the last time I listed smoe items.

I have #1 and #3 set.

#2 I left alone cause I don't want to discriminate against smoeone just because they are new to eBay!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file