Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If you were selling a complete set of GSA Morgans, would you......

If you were selling a complete set of GSA Morgans (78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 90, 91) all with original boxes and numbered COA's, would you 1st send them to NGC for grading (the blue band that goes around the holder - still in the original holder) or not? Does having them graded add an value. No doubt it depends upon grades but lets assume the 79 is a MS60/61, the 90 and 91 and MS61/62 or perhaps MS63, and the others are average MS62/63 grades - perhaps 1 or 2 of the 82/84/84 getting graded MS64.

Think getting NGC grades help in selling and/or getting a higher price????????
Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Nah...Most people assume a 90 in GSA is going to be around a 62, 63...The only' reason I would is if you know the 90 and 78 are 64+
  • Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685
    In my opinion, I would think they would sell faster and would be more satisfaction for the customer, if they were graded by NGC in their original holder. Then on the other hand, there's the cost of grading, which would probably be added to the price of the coins. The benefit of having them graded by NGC in their GSA holder would be to the sellers advantage. IMHO image
    Wayne
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    For the lower grades, having NGC grade them seems unnecessary, and a waste of $$$.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    I seen graded NGC gsa going for more $$

seen a 1884 NGC gsa ms 65 go for $525 with juive on Teletrade
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Possibly the ones with a decent shot at 63 (other than the 82,83,84).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file