Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Books arrived!

Happy that my books got here. Limping along on a redbook and encyclopedia of us gold coins and what I can glean on line at the shops and shows has been frustrating. Now I have "coin grading and counterfeit detection", "photograde coin grading guide", "how to grade U.S. coins" (halprin) and I have to confess "coin collecting for dummies"...well, it was only few buks and it features work from Jim Halperin and Walter Breen and others so hummmm. The nice thing is that I can read them nice and slowly. So a quick thanks to longacre for putting together the little bibliography a while back on here...and good collecting all!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike:

The books you have are good books. I think of those books as being largely "numismatic" in nature insofar as they concentrate on grading, collecting, etc. You might try acquiring one or two by Bowers because his books often stress a coin's historical connection or its story, which can make for a nice change from more collecting oriented books. But the books you have are a great start on a nice numismatic library!

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    You may want to add Travers' Coin Collectors Survival Manual.
    Bill
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I was hoping you were going to tell us you got a cherrypickers vol 2!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was hoping you were going to tell us you got a cherrypickers vol 2! >>

Uh-huh. Just as soon as an iceberg lands in downtown Phoenix image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file