Home U.S. Coin Forum

How Do You Think This Morgan Acquired It's Toning.... OH, And Is It AT?

stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

Comments

• jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    NT

endroll and it looks familiar
  • TonedCoinTraderTonedCoinTrader Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭
    Looks like NT End of Roll Toning to me.

Scott

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now do you think I would put an obvious image of what shows the folds from the wrapper very clearly and ask how it toned? image
    That's too easy.
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    did you snag that from Krispy?
  • GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now do you think I would put an obvious image of what shows the folds from the wrapper very clearly and ask how it toned? image
    That's too easy. >>

OK then...it toned in the following manner:
    When atomic particles in the element silver were exposed to atmospheric elements including sulfur, a chemical reaction occured, and a physical change occured on the surface of the silver. This physical change took the form or tarnish or oxidation, and as the silver changed in form it developed the colors currently observed on the coin.
    I'm not sure that's all true, but it's the best I can do without actually doing research.
  • MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    Now do you think I would put an obvious image of what shows the folds from the wrapper very clearly and ask how it toned?

It really does look endroll toned- how did it get toned if that's not the answer??
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    ugly and counterfeit...send it to me at once for destruction....pm me for my address.

<< <i>It really does look end-roll toned- how did it get toned if that's not the answer?? >>

Yes it does indeed look like end-roll tone. I never said it wasn't the right answer. BUT, I believe there is a bit more to it than that.
    Also, 1888 is not a year we see nicely toned too often, at least I think it is.image
  • Jason,

Sure looks like the MS63 krispy sold on eBay a few weeks back.

Mike
    DE FALCO NUMISMATIC CONSULTING
    Visit Our Website @ www.numisvision.com
    Specializing in DMPL Dollars, MONSTER toners and other Premium Quality U.S. Coins

*** Visit Mike De Falco's NEW Coin Talk Blog! ***
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    What Mr Stevens saidimage
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Newspaper. image

Michael
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    JB is correct
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going simply by this single image, I don't think it's endroll toning, even with the obvious geometric pattern on the coin. I don't even know that I believe it to be original, either.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Anyone else?
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Pushkin's Cat Box!
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I am going to go with end roll toning

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • I agree 100%.....with somebody image
  • End of roll toning.
    Some interesting responses thanks folks. Seems most are going with end-roll, perhaps a couple with AT, one with cat box, and one sarcastic (you know who you are) response that I won't waste my time on.

My opinion at first, even with the obvious geometrical lines was it is NOT just end-roll toned. I say this in part due to the reverse which has the periph tone. Most end-rollers are white on the reverse.... notice I said "Most" maybe not all. At first I even thought perhaps bag tone then put in a roll.

But came to a meeting of the mind (mineimage) that it probably was in a roll for a while, then put in an album. Of course I can't prove this but it is my best gut feeling.

• HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    End of roll toning. Seen lots with reverses that have a little peripheral toning.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file