Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Long Beach - Toned Coin Collectors Society?

Are there plans being made for the Toned Coin Collectors Society at the Long Beach show?

c
The Wegner ARRC Bingle Set

Looking for 1967 PCGS/NGC slabbed coins.

Comments

• Options
    TonedCoinTraderTonedCoinTrader Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭
    Ron is working on that as we speek. Details to come.

Scott

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    We will have app's at our table but no formal meeting until the spring Long Beach show. We are currently getting everything in order from the first meeting including a interactive web site, ePublication, mailers......and plans for a 4 color coffee table book featuring toners. image

TBT

• Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    We will have aps at my table as well. Looking forward to the 4 color table book. image
  • Options

I live near Long Beach. If you need any help coordinating just drop me a note.

Are the coins for the book coming from TCCS members or ?

You know, I was at the Golden State show the other day, and they were selling medals, etc. for their club... and it occurred to me that TCCS will have to sell toned medals for their club. image

c

• Options

<< <i>

Are the coins for the book coming from TCCS members or ?

c >>

I do not care where they come from as long as we can get photo's of them. image

TBT
  • Options
    TBT, are you going to be taking the Pix for the Book? If so I'd like to submit a few. Maybe at the Long Beach show.

Scott

• Options
    Hey if you need examples of toned Peace $ just let me know as well.

Michael
  • Options
    TBT,

Is the book an instructional book, AT vs. NT coins?

c

• Options
    Yes we are taking the pic's. This will be a promo for the TCCS and just a big collection on toners....both US and darksiders. We are currently getting ready to start accepting, hunting for, etc - toners but need to get the legal stuff finished up first. I will update everyone when we are ready. image

The web site will be the TCCS's educational platform. Q/A, picture library, AT area, boards, and educational articles.

• Options
    Well, the problem with our meeting is that there's no room available from the LB show promoters - IF we could locate a room, we could schedule something at the show. If not, our other choices are to meet for breakfast or after the show closes but before everyone heads out for dinner (or the Auctions). Give us some ideas & maybe we can get something planned. Is there a Hotel connected to the Convention center that we could get a meeting room? Who's familiar with the LB venue that could come up with a place to meet?

Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
    I vote we meet at Hooters!

we could see some toning there as well.

• Options
    OHHHHHHHHH Hoot Hoot Hooters!!! WoooHooo I'm Down fer dat image

• Options

<< <i>I vote we meet at Hooters! >>

What no sushi this time??

BTW -- I'm local (somewhat) so if you guys need some help with venues just let me know.

Michael
  • Options
    Mike,

Sushi would be great! Weds or Thursday?
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll supply all the dime pics you need.

• Options
    Dang it, those are nice. Bring them to LB for a viewing if you can.......very nice!

• Options

<< <i>Sushi would be great! Weds or Thursday? >>

Wednesday works better for me.

Just made my reservations -- I am staying down there Wednesday night.

Michael
  • Options
    I have a merc picture or two. image

<---------
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    "I have a merc picture or two. "

I'll bet you have a few more then two...image
  • Options

<< <i>Well, the problem with our meeting is that there's no room available from the LB show promoters - IF we could locate a room, we could schedule something at the show. If not, our other choices are to meet for breakfast or after the show closes but before everyone heads out for dinner (or the Auctions). Give us some ideas & maybe we can get something planned. Is there a Hotel connected to the Convention center that we could get a meeting room? Who's familiar with the LB venue that could come up with a place to meet?

image >>

How big of a place would you be looking for? I'm sure there are restaurants in the area that have rooms.

The hotels in the area have rooms... Don't know what you want to spend though.

For example, the Holiday Inn has 4 meeting rooms, the smallest being for 15 people.

• Options
    NewmismatistNewmismatist Posts: 1,802 ✭✭

<< <i> How big of a place would you be looking for? I'm sure there are restaurants in the area that have rooms.

The hotels in the area have rooms... Don't know what you want to spend though.

For example, the Holiday Inn has 4 meeting rooms, the smallest being for 15 people. >>

I think we need to get an approximate count - it may depend on the day and time.
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I have some great Morgans that can be used.Please let me know.Thanks,Lloyd
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    Lloyd,

Turn on your PM function.

Mikey
    DE FALCO NUMISMATIC CONSULTING
    Visit Our Website @ www.numisvision.com
    Specializing in DMPL Dollars, MONSTER toners and other Premium Quality U.S. Coins

*** Visit Mike De Falco's NEW Coin Talk Blog! ***
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mikey,You are the best.Lloyd
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    Newmismatist,

Are you going to send out a direct e-mail using the member list to see who will be able to attend?

c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file