Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

September Grading Special???

Anybody have any idea what it might be? I'm hoping for Nolan Ryans between 1968 and 1994 at a dollar per.

Comments

• Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Apparently it is for grading Super Bowl Tickets. $10 no minimum.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    I'm guessing they learned their lesson with the $5 special. Anybody else think we'll never see anything close to that again? It seems like since that one, everything has been really specialized, and stuff most people wouldn't grade anyhow.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Apparently it is for grading Super Bowl Tickets. $10 no minimum. >>

imageimageimageimage
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    There should be a new "Collector's Club Special" for September. So, there is still hope. It seems like the $5 specials only come once a year at the beginning of the year, but my memory could be failing me.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    As per the National Q&A session, there will be another $5 special sometime within the coming months. I wish it would be before the registry award deadline but I'm not holding my breath.........

I'm sure Joe O. knows this is quite a popular special and my guess is it will be used again after CU crunches some 'business' numbers and determines when to flick the $5 switch.

BOTR
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I have a full Super Bowl X Ticket that looks at least PSA 8. I think I'll send it in.
  • Options
    I have a Mr. Mint bobblehead error doll that I'd like graded. It's the one with the smile on his face, a full head of hair (with ponytail), saying polite things to all inquisitors, and not asking to look in your briefcase. This is by far the rarest variation.

Think I can sneak this by the Super Bowl Tix graders?

BOTR

• Options
    There you have it!!!

$12 per card, 5 days, no minimum!!!!

Wow, can't contain my excitement. Doing backflips as I type.

BOTR
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Very lame special - I have a feeling that they're still backed up from the National and couldn't handle another onslaught of submissions. From what I've been hearing, they're running around 30 days on 35 day submissions and 35 to 40 days on 45 day submissions. The $5 and $6 specials must only come around at slow periods or right before earnings are announced image

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They oughta extend the August non-sport special since I wasn't able to get in on it this month due to the fact that I spent all my money on new (old) cards on the bayimage

Steve
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting to renew my membership until a good special comes up. Looks like I'll be waiting another month.

• Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭

<< <i>As per the National Q&A session, there will be another $5 special sometime within the coming months. I wish it would be before the registry award deadline but I'm not holding my breath.........

I'm sure Joe O. knows this is quite a popular special and my guess is it will be used again after CU crunches some 'business' numbers and determines when to flick the $5 switch.

BOTR >>

Did they mention whether or not they'll be doing another $5 special by the end of the calender year? I certainly hope so. image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I need to get my cards ready early this time for the $5 special. I always wait till the last moment and have to stay up late at night putting submissions together. I like to send them off immediately when the special hits because within 2 weeks of it's annoucement, all hell breaks loose at PSA and orders are backed up for 2 months. Early bird gets the worm, or in this case, gets the graders before they want to hang themselves after seeing their 300th 1994 Topps Michael Jordan in the same batch.
  • Options
    A feature of this month’s special of interest to me and possibly to some of you … autograph cards. Until relatively recently auto cards that didn’t require authentication by PSA/DNA (those that were issued after 1998 by manufacturers, already signed) were treated just like any other modern cards. Now, however, all autographed/signed cards cost $20 (at least) to grade. But under this special, cards that don’t need PSA/DNA approval and are worth less than $500, qualify for the special – a saving of $8 per card. Of interest mainly to those of us compiling Registry Autograph sets, but I’m happy to take some of that action.
    Baseball HOF Autographs
    Topps Baseball 1967
    Mike Payne's 300 Great Cards
    MVPs in their MVP years
    and T206???
  • Options
    Baseball HOF Autographs
    Topps Baseball 1967
    Mike Payne's 300 Great Cards
    MVPs in their MVP years
    and T206???
  • Options

<< <i>They oughta extend the August non-sport special since I wasn't able to get in on it this month due to the fact that I spent all my money on new (old) cards on the bayimage

Steve >>

And I am still looking for my damn red manace set, think my x would have taken it????imageimageimageimage