Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 Topps Ed Kranepool PSA 9 on eBay.

Pretty wild bidding so far.

Link

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did eBay change to show the bid amount while the auction is live? This is the first time I've noticed that. Is it a programming error or a new feature?
  • Options
    Gemint - Its been at least a couple of weeks now. I was surprised the first time I saw it too.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Cubfan is correct. I've noticed it for a while also. Perhaps eBay intentionally decided to show the bidding history so that it may escalate the bidding.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    I figured $500 was enough. Guess not. I also have some swamp land in Louisiana if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    If this thing hits 4 figures I'm going to soil my pants.

BOTR
  • Options
    Previous sales this year:

#381 Ed Kranepool
    PSA 7.....$5.00...08/19
    PSA 8...$52.00...07/02

An 8 is good enough for me image

• Options
    ZodiacMindwarp -- Dang! That 8 only sold for $52? That must have been during my 4th of July vacation and I completely missed it. I agree with you. This 9 isn't 10X the value of that 8 and that looks like a high end 8. So if this 9 has only one sharper corner than that 8, that area of that sharper corner probably measures 0.025" x 0.025". (That's 0.000625 square inches for $450 which equals $4,516,300,000,000 per acre). That's some expensive real estate!
  • Options
    Dan,

Thanks, I think it's pretty sharp too but that is not the card that sold on eBay this year. I got mine in an off-line transaction for a little bit more than $52.00.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never understood why the active bidding was not revealed. As long as they don't show the maximum bid from the high bidder, what damage can be done from showing what the lower bid values were?
  • Options
    ZodiacMindwarp,

I agree with Dude. That is a sharp looking Kranepool you have there. Nice acquisition for only ~$52!

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    $850.00. Unbelieveable
  • Options
    That is unbelievable! WOW!
  • Options
    I'll take $850 each for my Radatz and Hershberger in 9!!
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Agreed........a mind blowing price for a common card from '69 , but I have been observing that most ,if not all the 1969 Met's cards have been going for high dollars lately ! Possibly team set collectors going after the best '69 team set on the Registry ?.........Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    As the crazy one bidding it up I got caught up in my own bidding before I realized I was nuts....lost thankfully. 1/2 9's with 0 10's.
    Dave C. (wiser I hope)
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    ed has been getting a lot of publicity lately with his new venture,
    http://www.memorabiliaroadshow.net/.

bobby
    Bob
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Gotta love them '69 Mets...jay
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Being an avid Baltimore Orioles fan, the 1969 Mets are a subject/topic I'd prefer to forget...I still can see J.C. Martin running on the inside (wrongside) of the first base line (sigh!!).
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Variation on a theme - I'm getting an extra 1967 card of players that would be 1969 mets, like
    Weis, Clendenon, JC Martin, etc even if they were on another team in '67. A couple Cleon Jones
    in 1967 have gone for close to 100 in 8 and we all know about seaver...
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Dude, I love the math when you took it iut to an acre. Kind of gives me a new perspective.
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Who the hell is this redspyder that won the card? I was outbid on a card last week by him. He seems to have an endless supply of money. Check what this guy has won over the past month or two. Unreal....

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Kranepool is a neighbor of my brother-in-law in Long Island. I met him 20 times. I think I could work out a deal where I deliver him in person, via USPS Priority Mail, for less than this. image
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...