Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

An honest-to-God PSA 6 Mantle from you know who!

You often see cards by this seller that started their graded lives as PSA 5 or 6 and ended up in higher grades in "off-brand" holders, sometimes in original state, sometimes not. But this one is being offered in a PSA 6 holder... Just contemplating what paths it may have taken through the alphabet soup of grading companies. If it started as a high-grade PRO or CTA, for example, and was crossed down to an honest and respectable PSA 6, that would represent a welcome change!

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    doubt it , card was probably too worn to be altered and converted to another holder when he bought it
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    jrdolan - Do not get too excited. jodi-mo usually puts up some mid-grade PSA, SGC, and GAI cards as well. Usually, he states they are amazing and were graded way too low. Based on having to improve the corners AND remove the stain on that Mantle the profit margin might not be big enough if it went to a PSA 8, and certainly not high enough in a PRO 9.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I don't think he sells PRO, CTA, GEM, etc. graded cards anymore.

That guy in his mother's basement (you know, PRO headquarters) must be pretty disappointed.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Well, I'm glad to hear he's not putting the PRO and GEM owners' kids through college any more. A nice honest PSA 5 or 6 vintage card is a thousand times more desirable, in my mind, than one of those X-acto specials with a hilarious PRO 9 or 10 on it. Mosie keeps this up and I might buy another card from him some day!
  • Options
    That card looks like a Canada job--No borders. It doesn't fill the holder. A leopard doesn't change his spots. Cards slip through PSA. I'd rather buy from someone who doesn't buy and deal with PRO and the other hack companies.

S.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I hope to God a 1952 Mantle, even Bowman, wouldn't "slip through" PSA. Some 2004 card submitted with 100 others gets a 10 instead of 9, sure, but not '52 Mick. Say it ain't so!
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    I agree that this card's borders look thin.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I refuse to bid on his card, even in PSA holders.