Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Great Dealer!!!!!!!!! Jay (QualityCards)

I just finished my first deal with him. Talk about customer service. This is absolutely the best transaction I have ever made. We met on the boards and made a deal, Jay went out of his way to make this transaction so smooth and even let me go on a payment plan. I felt like I was buying something from one of my best friends, even though we have never met personally. When I made the last payment the cards were shipped out within hours. I wanted to thank him the day i received them but I was headed out of town. I then came back to a letter in the mail, hand written, thanking ME.

So Jay, thanks again, I can't say enough good things about your GREAT customer service.

My hat goes off to you and i'm sure we will do business again.

Glen

Comments

• unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    Here we go again - another Jay thread. Funny thing is though - he deserves every ounce of praise that is given - he not only understands cards - he understands BUSINESS. Take care Jay.
  • Must we beat this dead horse over and over and over...image
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    How that man runs such a respectable business from inside a federal penitentiary is beyond me.
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Vargha....you are too funny. image

Yep...Jay is a real asset to the hobby!
  • jay is one of two dealers i never hesitate to buy from. the other is southpaw cards. if youre a player collector, they are second to none as far as selection and service
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    all this talk about Jay .... he's a frigging Giants fan!
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Thank You Glen and everyone else, except for VARGHA, as I thought we were close since we actually met in prison, and 1420 who is a hated Eagles fan.

Glen just called me thanking me for the package and my follow up letter of thanks (actually I forgot to add it to the package and sent it separately). And I told him, that a transaction is a 2 way street and he honored his end, paid each payment on time and the pleasure was mine as well. So I am glad when a buyer is happy and appreciates the beauty & history of the cards, so enjoy your ride up the '54 registry ladder, its a great set. Thank you again for a smooth transaction...jay
  • BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How that man runs such a respectable business from inside a federal penitentiary is beyond me. >>

How you run a respectable federal penitentiary from inside the PSA message boards is beyond me. image

BOTR
  • TipemTipem Posts: 881

Vargha,

He was released on some sort of new work release program just before the nationals.I think that he is up for probation the early part of '06. image

As we are beating the dead horse again,I can say that there is not a finer dealer than Jay in prison today !!! I think that he saves on postage by shipping by penitentiary mail.image

Jay knows all the angles !!!!

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
    imageimage
    Photograph taken in 1979 / Age Enhanced Photograph

UNLAWFUL FLIGHT TO AVOID PROSECUTION - CARD DOCTORING; SELLING ABOVE SMR

JAY WOLT

Aliases: Jaybird, JW, Doctor J, The Woltster, Jay Orlando

DESCRIPTION

Date of Birth: July 14, 1931 Hair: Gray-brown
    Place of Birth: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5'9" Complexion: Medium
    Weight: 165 pounds Sex: Male
    Build: Medium Race: White

Occupation(s): Butcher, car salesman, jewelry salesman, real estate salesman, sportscard dealer, vending machine repairman
    Nationality: American
    Scars and Marks: He may have a small scar on his right cheek and his right forearm. He may have the following tattoos: "PSA" on the web of his right hand and "SLABBED" on his chest.

Remarks: Jay Wolt, who is considered a career criminal and master of assumed identities, specializes in the seliing of overpriced, doctored cards. He is reportedly allergic to penicillin, a lover of dogs, a flashy dresser and a small tipper.

CAUTION

JAY WOLT IS BEING SOUGHT IN CONNECTION WITH THE THEFT OF SEVERAL HIGH-GRADE T-3 "TURKEY REDS" THAT HE CLAIMS WERE GIVEN TO HIM BY HIS GRANDMOTHER, ETHEL. WHEN CONFRONTED BY AN FBI AGENT, HE BRUTALLY BEAT THE AGENT ABOUT THE HEAD AND FACE WITH A PRO 9 MANTLE CARD.

CONSIDERED ARMED AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND AN ESCAPE RISK.
  • TipemTipem Posts: 881

Vargha,

imageimageimageimage

I believe that he is also connected with a certain NJ crime family.The Simpsons (I think).

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Hey! I just saw that poster in my local post office!
    VARGHA- Thats funny!
    It reminded me when i was in college (in the '80's, so I wasn't born in 1931) a friend who worked for the campus security wrote out a warrant on me, w/ loads of charges on them. Usually drunk & disorderly stuff, so for a minute I thought it was legit. Since who isn't drunk & disorderly in college? ...jay
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    David, if you are going to post this info, you need to get your facts straight:

<< <i>Date of Birth: July 14, 1931 >>

Not sure of the year, but his birthday was actually yesterday - Happy Birthday again, Jay! image

<< <i>Weight: 165 pounds >>

Yeah, he wishes! image

<< <i>Sex: Male >>

OK, maybe! image

Oh yeah, he's also a great buyer! I just ripped him off big time for a bunch of horrible looking T218s and he gladly paid my ridiculous prices! image

In all seriousness, I have met Jay in person and I've done a fair amount of business with him. Top notch all the way!

Sorry to beat the dead horse, but he probably deserves it anyway! image

JEB.
  • Sadly enough Jay, I wasn't drunk or disorderly in college.
    I regret it but there was nothing I could do.
    Your still a top notch dealer though. Despite (or maybe because) of the D & D's.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
    JEB - I agree, I wish I was 165 pounds but I don't wish I look like that mug, I'm so much better looking (How could I be worse).

FUZZ - You weren't drunk in college? How sad my boy image ...jay
  • Boy Jay! You really get fragged by these great collectors!All I know is you give everyone a fair deal and your Web site presentation is great! Keep up the great work (under fire) Neil-Krazy P.S. I should of bought one of the PSA 10's from the Mayrose Set.
    Hockey!Hockey! Hockey!

<< <i>You really get fragged by these great collectors >>

NEIL - It is sad, I did my time!
    Now I want to be a positive role model for society, but the VARGHAS of the world just won't let me forget about my past.
    I even chose an honest profession, dealing in cards! image ...jay
  • RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Jay and I were plotting a getaway with the Wagner at the PSA Booth.Well,I was joking, but guess Jay wasn't.image

So why you in jail?
    Which one?

Give me the address and I'll overnight a couple Pepe's pies.
    Underneath one pie will be a nail file image

<< <i>So why you in jail? >>

Simply put, I was having Pizza withdrawls, as you've been tempting me w/ a Pepe's pie for years, i just couldn't take it anymore, and I killed a guy after he looked at 1 of my PSA cards and remarked "You dealers get all the breaks", then I blacked out and next thing I remember I was behind bars. Tragic Tragic story!!!! image ...jay
    I see that Jay conveniently left out the part about the donkey and the clowns.
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    this thread is offensive to those of us who have actually done time..
    ·p_A·
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    just kidding..

it doesnt really offend me..
    ·p_A·
    I'm sure it's offensive to a much larger group of the population than just that, PA.

• << <i>I see that Jay conveniently left out the part about the donkey and the clowns. >>

YEP!!

That's the way I heard it also.VERY Convenient,HUH ??

Vic
  • Clowns????? I had heard they were mimes.

That changes the story completely!!!!!
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Ahhhh, another warm and fuzzy Jay thread. You can't have too many of these around!

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Mike you have to understand its not so much that Jay is a great guy we all agree on that .
    Its that we all just feel sorry for him since he is a GIANTS FAN image

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL
    5 Escape Private Texas Prison - Federal Prisoners Flee Through Holes in Perimeter Fences
    Associated Press
    Aug. 7, 2004 12:00 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAN ANTONIO - Five federal prisoners, including one identified as a high-ranking PSA Authorized dealer, escaped Friday from a privately run lockup near San Antonio.

Officials said the men apparently escaped while they were outside for an hour long recreation period at the Correctional Services Corp. facility in Pearsall, about 50 miles southwest of San Antonio. Two perimeter fences were cut, Lionel Trevino, Frio County sheriff, said.

"There was a lady that was driving down the street and saw them getting out from underneath the fence," Trevino said. "They just walked down the street and kept going."

Authorities launched a search for the inmates using helicopters and dogs.

John Butler, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service, said the prisoners were in the pretrial custody of the Marshal's Service office in Laredo, which uses the jail under contract.

Officials at Correctional Services Corp., headquartered in Sarasota, Fla., did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

The prisoners were identified as Jay "Doctor J" Wolt, 42; Manuel de la Fuente, 33; Luis Angel Garcia Esparza, 23; Jorge Arturo Castaneda Silva, 22; and Victor Hugo Nava Franco, 28.

Wolt, who is charged with altered card possession, is a high-ranking member of the Graded Card Mafia with a previous conviction for card doctoring, according to Department of Justice officials in Houston.

<< <i>one identified as a high-ranking PSA Authorized dealer >>

Cool! I didn't even know I was considered a "high ranking" anything image

<< <i>we all just feel sorry for him since he is a GIANTS FAN >>

Hey! You can say what you want about me, donkeys & clowns. You can call me lazy or stupid, but Never make fun of the Giants,
    they are the future of the NFL, a powerhouse in a year or 2. I am ready for some Football. G'men vrs Ravens tonight, Deion who??? ...jay