Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Franklin Mint - I am trying to sell Large Collection

My father accumulated some sets - History of the World, Opera,History of American West, Some Yearbooks, and a few plates

what would be the best forum to try to sell these for a fair price?

here? ebay? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

he is advancing in years and lost his interest in the collection

sincerely bcp
Barry C Pevner

Comments

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Try ebay, but don't expect to get much for them.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    If you put the sets on ebay, make sure to point out the precious metal content and weight. That will be a big factor in determining what people will pay.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    thank you, can you tell me are the weights always on the side of the coins, or is there a web site where i can look the weights up?

thank you for your response and i also appreciate the new collectors caveat, your nickname is a misnomer
    Barry C Pevner
  • Options
    thank you, i already sold one set on ebay, the shipping in total was ten percent of the price, but over-all i felt it was a fair deal.

thanks for the response
    Barry C Pevner
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Your dad didn't happen to have the print from The Fanklin Mint called "The Collector" did he?
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    Get up with Mr. Eureka, a member here. He is a strong buyer of Franklin Mint material.