Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT: What happens when your shill bidder wins your auction…..

On August 9th rosalieg39 won this Galant, from Kingdean91165. If you check the bidding history you will see rosalieg39 shilled the bid.

Now Kingdean91165 is reselling the same Galant, and rosalieg39 is once again shilling the bid.

On August 3rd rosalieg39 won this Astro van for $301.00 from peoplescreditoregon, but now kingdean91165 has this same Astro van, listed on Ebay, and, you guessed it, rosalieg39 is shilling on his/her own property already to the tune of $501.

Damn, how can anyone have any confidence that their winning bid wasn't artificially bloated by these unlawful actions?

Where do you report shill bidding to Ebay?

Jim

Comments

• Options
    If the item sells, then the seller has to pay. Unless he reports his shill as a deadbeat bidder. That's why I don't like to bid in auctions with bidders with less than 25 feedbacks. At least one of them will usually be a shill, especially if they have 0-5 feedbacks.
  • Options
    Hi,
    I know just what you mean - I see it all day with "vintage Hollywood autographs" - makes it very tough to sell the real thing I can tell you. I have reported this kibd of thing continuallly with only minimal success. As far as eBay - unfortunately, the only thing they ever seem interested in is collecting my fees image

Best,
    Billy
  • Options
    eBay will be no help, they get there fees no-matter what !!!

Just put all thier aliases on your blocked buyers/sellers list.

Eventually they will give up or they'll get hit with a fraud charge !!
  • Options
    That is blatant shilling. Seriously, the local authorities should do something about bid-rigging for automobiles.
    Realtime National Debt Clock:

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I have had luck getting people booted off of ebay by reporting such activities - showing that X only bids on Y's auctions, and when X wins, Y somehow reauctions the same item(s).

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    I wonder if there is any way that Ebay would pull the shill bids off and
    let the guy bidding win at a lower price?
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>eBay will be no help, they get there fees no-matter what !!! >>

Listing fees yes, but if you report your shill as a deadbeat bidder they don't get the final value fee. It would seem to me that they would want that one too so they should be more serious about shill bidders.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file