Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Last of my unknowns (for now)...help?

I only posted one side of the coins and brightened up the scans some because they all come out dark. If anyone has info I would appreciate it!

Comments

• Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    imageimageimageimage
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Show me the other side of the third one from the top and I can identify it for you. It's obviously Arab, but I can't tell which country.
  • Options
    Of course, the crappiest scan of them all...lol!
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Egypt, 1 fils, 1938 (AH1357)
  • Options
    Top - Chinese
    2nd - Japanese Y#71, brass ¥5, Showa 24 (1949), mintage 179,662,000, VF 15¢/XF 40¢/Unc $8
    3rd/5th - Arab, Turkey or Egypt????
    4th - Japanese Y#57, brass 5 sen, Showa 14 (1939), mintage 97,903,873, F 50¢/VF $1/XF $1.50/Unc $5
    Roy

• Options
    The 1938 Egyptian coin is a 1 millieme (not fils) featuring King Farouk (1936-52).
    The Chinese coin probably has the name and denomination on the other side. My guess would possibly be Kiang-nan 10 cash Y-E140, a scarce type! I may have missed a more common type that may be nearly identical though.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    The top coin is a general issue 10 cash coin (denomination is on the side shown!) dated 1907 and minted in Tianjin (Tientsin). There are several varieties but we need to see the otherside to identify. Could be Y 10.3, 10.4, or 10.4a.

I do not think it can be Y E140 because there are no dots in the legend.

Also, I believe the top three scans are all upside down.
  • Options

<< <i>

Also, I believe the top three scans are all upside down. >>

Ouch!
  • Options
    ZING!image
  • Options
    Here's my 1940 5 sen. Very pretty coins IMO

Nice coins! Other than the top two being upside down and making me dizzy image
    imageimage
  • Options
    They are prettier than the scans. I will try to get good pictures of them and repost, maybe even BOTH SIDES! I can't guarentee they will be right side up tho...LOL!
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to a picture or description of the other side of that Chinese coin to clear up the mystery!
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    I don't think there is any mystery with the 10 cash coin. It's a general issue. If Krause is to be believed, the mule has dots in the legend.