Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

0 Feedback - Advice

Currently selling a 68 Topps set with about 100 graded cards. The high bidder has zero feedbacks.

EBAY LISTING

Should I contact bidder on intentions, or should I cancel Bid totally?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

JP
Always looking for 1968 Topps PSA 8's and 1960 Topps PSA 7's.

JPARCHITECTUS

Comments

• I sold a 1969 set recently to a buyer who purchases one item every two years. The deal went very smoothly. Check out his purchases over the last 4 years:

• Maybe try contacting them first. Reserve hasn't been met yet so it's not that big a deal yet.

For future reference, in high end auctions, try stating that bidders need to have at least 5 positives and no negatives before bidding - if not, they need to contact you first. That's what I've generally done and so far, so good.

Good luck!
  • Thanks for the advice !

JPARCHITECTUS

• I feel you... I just had a bidder win my 1975 topps seaver psa 9 for $202.50... Not sure if I am going to get paid or not... I checked his bid history and it seems as though hes been bidding (and winning) a lot of high end 1975 topps... I give myself a 50/50

Link
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Catch 22 thingie. Even though the reserve hasn't been met; if I'm a potential bidder and I see that 0 bidder, I might be thinking possible "shill". That's just me, but I never try to outbid or bid once I see a 0 bidder in the lead. That may scare off some serious bidders.
    I just got outbid on 2 cards 20 minutes ago by a 0 bidder (same ID bidder on both auctions), and that's the end of it. I don't need the item(s) that bad.
    If it were my auction, I'd contact the 0 bidder and request his info and phone # and I would call to verify that it's him ( yes, they give out fake #s). If he complies, then he's probably serious about the item, and just in case if he does hit the reserve. If no response within 24 hours, I'd cancel it.
  • with 4 days left he most likely will get outbid I wouldnt worry about it so much, even though its a highend auction everyone starts with 0
  • Cool thanks again, I have been having all the thoughts you guys had. I have contacted the bidder, and he seems serious.

I am always wary of 0 fedback bidders also...that is what makes me nervous about losing potential bids.

DOUBLE EDGE SWORD !!

JPARCHITECTUS

• Lately my low FB buyers have been my best, I have one NPB with over 100 FB who says he can pay me whenever he feels ready because he has good feedback. I am also getting to runaround from a powerseller who bought something from me.
  • jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Zero-feedback bidders will never get that first feedback if we won't sell to them. When I set up a new buying account to protect my selling feedback from unpleasant buying experiences, I asked the sellers (of more expensive items) not to cancel me, I was serious, and I showed them my selling account. Even when they didn't state "We don't serve zero or low feedback people here."
  • I agree there's nothing wrong with 0 feedback. We all had to start there.
    There's also nothing wrong with taking precautionary measures as well.
    If I'm selling something that I think will end under $25 with a 0 bidder as the
    high bidder, I wouldn't care. Anything over that amount, I'll ask for their info
    and give them the benefit that they're serious about the item. I've been
    burned too many times with 0 feedback bidders. I'd say that 75% of 0 feedback
    are serious.