Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Cut Off Date for Registry Awards

This is my first year actively collecting complete graded sets/player sets and was wondering when is the cut off date for the Registry Awards. I have a large submission at PSA right now and want to move up to #1 in the Marino Basic and Master sets (sorry Aknot). Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Dear PSA Set Registry Members,

Just a reminder that the deadline for this year's PSA Set Registry Awards is Sunday, October 31st. Any new sets or edits to existing sets must be sent in for validation before 10:00 pm EST (7:00 pm PST).

In order to qualify you must own and have possession of the cards you are listing in your sets.

Occasionally, you may find a card is still being listed in another member's set or may not be in the PSA database. Therefore, it is important to plan ahead. If you are unable to add a card and you receive an error message, please email setregistry@collectors.com PRIOR to the deadline. WE MUST RECEIVE YOUR EMAIL BY 10 PM EST (7 PM PST) IN ORDER FOR THE CARD TO QUALIFY. DO NOT send your email to info@psacard.com or to an individual.

We have had a large number of set requests in recent weeks. Therefore, if you have a set that you feel is a contender for the 2004 Awards and the composite is not yet online, please send in your set request by October 15th. Due to the large number of requests, we cannot guarantee that sets requested after 10/15 will be added in time for the Awards.

- BJ
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Thanks sixdart!!
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • To receive that coveted "2004" next to your set, what % does it have to be at?

Can you earn a reward if you are the top set but are only at 30% completion?

Thanks,

Glen
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

<< <i>To receive that coveted "2004" next to your set, what % does it have to be at?

Can you earn a reward if you are the top set but are only at 30% completion?

Thanks,

Glen >>

Okay, I just found the correct answer:

"In addition, the collector with the finest set in each category with at a least 65% completion, will receive a certificate of recognition as well as a "Best of the Registry" icon by his or her set listing in the registry."
  • I dont remember, and cant seem to find the rules, but I was thinking you needed to have at least 50% of the set to be a winner.

But 75% also is sticking in my mind. Maybe because that is the percentage of a registered set you need to receive the free gradings.

Either way, I dont believe 30% will do it.

Keith
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Keith - 50% was the figure for 2003.
  • I just looked at the Mattingly basic set, and last years winner is only at 59%.

So either it was 50% completion, or that individual deleted cards from that set.

Thanks,

Glen
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Last year was 50%, this year is 65%.

JEB.
  • Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but the following email that I received led me to believe the cutoff date was yesterday, August 31st.

Reply-To: collectorsclub@collectors.com
    To: "PSA Set Registry" <psa_set_registry@list.collectors.com>
    Subject: PSA Set Registry News
    Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:03:22 -0700

Dear Set Registry Members,

We had a great show at the National. It was good to see so many people at the PSA Set Registry luncheon. Thanks to Marshall Fogel for providing an educational and entertaining speech about card collecting. We thoroughly enjoyed your insights! And, thanks to everyone for your support of PSA.

As many of you know, we are in the process of testing the new PSA Set Registry software. This is a very time-consuming project because we must make certain that every item in every set composite has an unique number. In order to get this accomplished in a timely fashion, I will have to put my entire staff to work on this project. Therefore, please make note of the following set request issues:

1. For the next 4-6 weeks any new set request received will be added to the Set Request list, however the composite will not be put online until after the launch of the new Registry software. We hope to be beta testing at the end of August and launch the new software by mid-September.

2. Any requests received after August 30th for card additions to player sets which are already online will not be added to the player sets until after the awards deadline on October 31st.

Customer service issues such as the release of cards from other member's sets, certification number problems, and codes for free grading should not be effected during this test time.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Sincerely,

B.J. Searls
    Set Registry Manager
    mailto:bsearls@collectors.com
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    August 30th was the deadline for adding cards to the composition of the set, not adding cards to your sets that are already part of the set composition.
  • Ok, now we are all straight right? image
  • pcpc Posts: 743

<< <i>Ok, now we are all straight right? image >>

i am.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.