Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ichiro RCs - question about which ones

Which one(s) are the most mainstream?
I'm mainly a vintage collector but wanted to pick up some of his RCs.

Which ones are the most mainstream?

2001 Topps? 01 SP Authentic? 01 SPx Auto? Others?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The most sought after ones are from Upper Deck because those are the only ones that have ink on them as
    he had an exclusivew with UD. You will be happy to know that Ichiro has around 50 rookie cards. That
    of course doesn't include the over 150 parallels.

His best rookie cards to get are the Ultimate Collection Auto RC /250 and his SPx Auto RC . Please note that
    there are a few fake patch cards in the SPx. If you see a patch RC it is fake as there are NO patches in
    this rookie card.

There are also non-auto alternitives. Bowman Chrome is popular as is topps chrome. Elite is only numbered to
    300. SPA is nice but might be too much for a card that isn't rare.

Good Luck

Kevin
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    It's not worth a lot, but my favorite card of Ichiro has been the 2001 Leaf
    Rookies and Stars number 251. I've haven't seen a PSA 10 in a long time,
    but my records indicate a PSA 10 sold for $148.01 on August 17, 2002.
    PSA Serial number 30106433.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    the Leaf Limited (numbered to 100, with a piece of a Base, i think) is a sleeper
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Is it just me, or do his cards seem to be colder than they probably should be, considering his play as of late and the record for which he is attempting to break?
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    It's not just you, but remember he's playing in Seattle, which is largely ignored by the mainstream media unless they're in a pennant race (note: they're not image ).
  • Options
    ive got an ichiro rookie 2001 studio psa 10 email me for more info if you are interested yankeefan741939@ yahoo.com