Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What's the best way to list a collection on Ebay?

After all these years and thousands of cards, auto's & GU cards, I am finally clearing out the cards that do not fit my collecting focus. I know I would make much more money by listing each card individualy but while planning a wedding my time is limited. What would be the best way to list a collection. It will have graded cards, GU cards, Auto's and almost all star cards from the 80's-today with about 100 cards from 1955-1970's. I know to list several highlights as well as take many pictures but I can't possibly list it all. I do not want to sound like one of those Don West ebay sellers "getting married card collection must go!" however I don't want people to think this is a collection of crap. Any help with keywords or title would be greatly appreciated!
Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
Unique Chicago Cards
Wrestling Cards

Comments

• I would take the full # of ebay pics (6) and group them like this:

1 set of pics: graded
    1 set: GU
    1 set: autos
    1 set: hot rookies
    1 set: stars/#d/inserts
    1 set: vintage (55-70 cards)

In the description, be upfront- i.e., years (and % of cards from each year), contents (i.e., do not say BGS/PSA if it is PRO/BCCG), etc. Do not say ‘unsearched’ to lead buyers into thinking they may get a goldmine of high $$$ cards. Be honest about condition- i.e., were cards in pennysleeves/toploaders or are they bent/etc.? Type of brands (i.e., lower end- or is it a mix of higher end?) would help too. 5000 cards from ud victory aren't likely worth the same as 5000 cards from say ultimate collection.
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I recently did this exact project.

I figured it would have sold for over $500 broken up, but I was very happy with the result. Making it an ebay "Featured" auction was in my opinion crucial. I haven't received feedback from the buyer yet, so I don't know if they liked it.
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Rock,

Assuming you are the groom, let the bride do all the planning and sell your cards in the best way to maximize time and profit. Let your future bride know (many times) how hard you are working to set up a financial foundation for your future and pay for her honeymoon (which will conveniently be to a location where World Series games are being played or maybe even the Super Bowl).