Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Only 1 more silver Rosy w/o a MS67FB.....the 57P is made!

I just checked the pop report and a 57P in MS67FB has been made - so the 57P and 58P are no longer on the "unattainable" list. That leaves the 63P as the only silver Rosy where a MS67FB doesn't exist.

For those that have been around the silver Rosy's for awhile, this is like deja vu. Prior to the FB designation and probably 7 years or so ago, the big push in Rosy sets was to build a MS67 set - and the toughest coin to find was........yep, you guessed it, the 1963P (PCGS slabbed, that is). It was the last coin in the series for which a MS67 was made (and its still one of the few coins in the series with a total pop of 30 MS67 pieces).

So lightening does strike twice - once again, the 63P is the remaining coin for the Rosy crowd to make so that someone will get to the magical 100% complete at the MS67FB grade. Any guesses how long it will take??????????
Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colorfulcoins, I'm guessing a VERY long time, but you and Onlyroosies would know better since I dabble in the clads more often.

Not to change the subject, but there are still something like 17-18 Clads that havn't been made in MS67FB of higher. A very difficult set to say the least. When's the 1946-date set coming?

Good reporting by the way!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Craig,
    Don't you have one hidden away, just waiting for this august moment????? Seriously, I've seen many 63Ps in 67. None was even close to FB. If anyone can make one, my money is on ------ drumroll ------- Onlyroosies!!!!!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Rainbowroosie, yes I do have a 1963-P PCGS MS67 that I believe is FB.....unfortunately, PCGS hasn't agreed so far. Its also a drop dead gorgeous toner to boot......maybe someday! Either way, its a keeper.

PS: This is the only 63P MS67 that I've seen that's even close - and I've owned/seen about 1/3 of the 30 MS67's.......as Paul said above, its going to be awhile!
    Craig
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!! I consider the 57P to be in the top 4 all time toughest to make in 67FB. I actually
    think the 63D is going to edge out the 63P as tougher in 67FB several years down the
    road. The 58P was made last month I believe, Has anyone stepped up to take credit for
    the 58P yet. I never saw the 58P show up in any registry set. Maybe the 57P and 58P
    reside together. I guess only time will tell which will be rarer.

By the way. As I was confirming colorfulcoins post by checking the pops I noticed that
    a 1949P was also made in MS68FB. A new pop 1 coin. Someone is having some fun
    making Roosies. Anyone want to take credit for that one?.....

Onlyroosies
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm doing Roosie sets now myself, but I'm not getting into the FB set yet. Too much competition and not enough coins. I'm happy trying to make my plain old MS67 and PF sets right now. I'm also going to do identical registries in NGC holders and post them over at their website.

My Mint State Roosies

My Proof Roosies

I beat out Brian O'Neil in a snipe/countersnipe war in the last few seconds for that PF70 piece. He is trying to do a highest set using only PF pieces without using bonus points from CAM and DCAM designations. It's promised to him if I ever get a 69DCAM to fill that space. The pieces from the 50s are hard to get high grade without spending a ton, so I'm looking for coins with crossover potential in third tier holders or promising looking raw coins.

If anyone has anything that I don't have yet, and you don't want a lot of money for it, let me know. I could even look around locally and at shows or try to snipe something for you on ebay and we could do a trade if there's anything you need.
  • Options

<< <i>... I actually
    think the 63D is going to edge out the 63P as tougher in 67FB several years down the
    road.
    Onlyroosies >>

I think Nick is right, partly just a hunch, and partly due to the fact that there are more 63-p's in FB that grade less than 67, than there are 63-D's.

I wonder if these 1957 & 1958 could be in the hands of Mr. Biddle???
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    In March of last year, I owned both the 63D's that are today MS67FB coins. I knew both were FB at the time but I had no idea they would be so scarce. I sold the white one to Northland for a paltry sum and later sold the gorgeous toned one to OnlyRoosies to help him get to the lofty set grade he achieved. Armed with 20/20 hindsight - WHY DID I SELL THEM? <grin>
    Craig
  • Options
    "I wonder if these 1957 & 1958 could be in the hands of Mr. Biddle"

I think not. Danny has 3 sets on the registry and all 3 still show 0% FB. If he had sent
    in any dimes from his sets the ones that received FB would show up in his sets. I think
    its either someone who had a hoard of rolls and found a few nice ones to send in or
    someone who found an undesignated MS67 that had bands and got it designated.

Over the last month or so several nice better date and high grade Roosies have been
    made. The 49P pop added a 67FB and a 68FB. The 49S pop added 2 67FB's and 2 68's
    the 51D pop added a 68FB. The 57P & 58P both now have a pop 1 67FB. The 61P went
    from pop 2 to pop 3, and the 64P & D both added 2 in 67FB. Someone is working the
    better date Roosies and I'm sure there having fun at it. As much as I wish it was me
    who made all these coins, its not.

Nick
  • Options
    Wow.....a 49P in MS68FB. Killer.............
    Craig
  • Options
    I'll put my 49 68* FB side by side with it for comparison....Nick can judge! or JB.... OooooH, I smelll another roosie challenge coming on!!!imageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    "I'll put my 49 68* FB side by side with it for comparison....Nick can judge! "

Bill that would be great if we knew where the PCGS coin was....
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, I have a 65 fb on ebay right now. Don't want to give the wrong info on the Pops. WOW two new top pops that are not owned by Nick, are you losing your touch? Fred
  • Options

<< <i>" Someone is working the
    better date Roosies and I'm sure there having fun at it. "
    Nick >>

Is this a clue???
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Craig,
    In regards to the 63-D 67FB, I had no more idea than you at the time....I just needed a 63-d in 67 at the time. image
    It is one of the coins I'm most proud of in my set. I started collecting roosies several years ago, because they were relatively cheap compared to most of the other series in high grade. I had no idea that they would come with the FB designation as soon as they did.

As to why you sold them... because you wanted to spread the Roosie fever-of which you have done a nice job!

Northland
  • Options
    Craig,

I think the toned 63-D is the one from my first set I sold you image

Oh well the hunt goes on.

Butch
  • Options
    Northland,
    Turn on your PM option.
    bill
  • Options
    Bill,
    PM button is now on-I didn't realize that it wasn't. Now all I have to do is remember to check it.

Northland
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bill,
    PM button is now on-I didn't realize that it wasn't. Now all I have to do is remember to check it.

Northland >>

The lock at the top of this page will blink red when you have a message and it will tell you how many messages are there. Just click on it.

Test PM sent.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Butch - yep, that's the coin! From you to me to OnlyRoosies to .......

And the white one that Northland got was from Mike Rakosky's set - you can still see his set on the Registry and you'll see it shows a FB coin.

And the pretty 63P MS67 I have (hopefully a FB someday) is one I got from board member bushmaster.

Just one big Rosy family. image
    Craig
  • Options
    One big roosie family -- somewhat incestuous!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've grown to believe that ROOSIE'S are SEXY. Now, you guy's need to share some of those beauties my way. I still have holes to fill in my Registry Set. Currently, Number 17!!! Yep, it's true...unless your the lead dog the view is always the same. image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Craig,

I have a 63-P in 67 that was the second coin graded 67 by PCGS (I got it from Mitch) back in the day. It is definetly FB but first time through PCGS was killer on giving any of my coins FB so I will try again later. image

Butch