Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BidPay question

I just had an ebay buyer use BidPay to pay for the auction he won, and received an e-mail that I have a Western Union money order being sent to me. Since this is a first for me, I was wondering at what point I am safe in sending the card - in other words, can the buyer put a stop on it once he has requested the money order and if so, when does his ability to do this end?

Thanks for any help.
This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.

Comments

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    You should receive a subsequent email stating that the MO has cleared. Don't ship until you get it. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I don't exactly what kind of policy Bidpay has once they've paid for the money order.....it's like buying a money order at Walmart or
    7-Eleven. You should get two emails from Bidpay. The first one indicating that the buyer has issued it and they are processing it. The second one is the finalized email, meaning he has paid for it (via checking or credit card purchase) and they're sending it out to you. I used to wait till I actually got the money order in my hand before I mailed out their item(s); but after awhile, I just sent the stuff out once I got the 2nd confirmation email. Never had a problem. Go to their site bidpay.com . You might get more info regarding that issue.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the second e-mail. Thanks for the help.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    I alway wait til the MO is in my hand.. Some scammers out there could possibly be generating fake emails saying the MO is on its way.