Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

OT: @#$% Hackers!!!

My old computer got a nasty worm called W32.Spybot.Worm, it calls itself "specialfile.exe", that Norton Antivirus cannot get rid of and when I searched for it manually to delete it I found that there was no file called "specialfile.exe" on my computer! This is a very nasty worm that completely shuts down older versions of Norton Antivirus and Internet Security, and it corrupts the Norton Internet Security 2004 so that it becomes ineffective. If you block the worm from connecting to the internet the worm also blocks your connection. At the end I had to wipe my hard drive, buy a router, and reinstall windows. image Needless to say, I had homicidal thoughts running through my head that involved decapitating hackers and displaying their heads on pikes, as a warning to others... or hackers could also be inpaled with pikes and left to slowly die...
Corrupting youth since 2004

Comments

• bozboz Posts: 1,405
    I don't know why people don't run off a router. It's a very simple/cheap helpful solution
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • I consider frequent backups to be all important.
    The problem is the hard disk drives now have huge capacities.
    I use a external USB/Firewire hard drive for backups now.
    Using Symantec's Ghost (the current version) lets you boot from floppy and save an entire hard drive image to the
    external drive. You can then restore it the same way if needed. Very painless and easy to do, no fuss no mess.

• Get a Mac.
  • Do you like fries with that?
    Corrupting youth since 2004