Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Where to find Mint cards?

I'm interesting in Mint 1975 Topps cards and am interested in doing some gambling to get some MINT PSA worth cards. Where's the best place to look?

1) Gai Rack Packs

2) Gai Wax Packs

3) Gai Cello Packs

I need some advice.

Comments

• Options
    For ungraded, unopened product, the Baseball Card "Kid" is generally considered a safe bet:

LINK
  • Options
    Which kind of pack has the best chance of yileding high grade cards?
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I am partial to rack packs. No gum or wax stains to worry about.
    Good Luck with your venture,
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    I have opened 75's from racks, wax packs, and vending and the previous information is correct about the racks, cellos, and vending. The wax/gum stains are eliminated, and the biggest issue you are going to find with 74, 75, and 76 cards is the centering and print marks - especially the 1975's. Let me know if you are going to do regular or mini's because I have some mini's (all commons) from a partial box I bought at the National a couple of years ago in Anaheim - I can send you a couple to look at if you want.
    "Why is it that Superman could stop a bullet with his chest, yet he ducked when somebody threw a chair at him?"
    "
    " Go ahead and get your fancy barely visible cell phones that get the internet, play DVD's, and can speak 5 languages. As for me and my Atari cell phone it works, it weighs 7 pounds, it is 14 inches long, and it looks like I could call in an airstrike from a remote desert it is so large!"
  • Options
    The no gum, no wax is a big plus, but with the cellos, i know they cant be searched. However, do you think it is tougher to get MINT corners out of cellos?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>However, do you think it is tougher to get MINT corners out of cellos? >>

Kalch
    Yes, from my experience - when they are packaged it appears there is the greatest chance of the cornerz being dinged. Also, if you are looking for 9z - the commons may be found at good prices on ebay from time to time considering the gamble on submitting and everything. Having said that if you will get excitement out of the opening as I do, then this is the fun way to go. Good luck!
    Also, I can recommend BBC Exchange along with Mark Murphy as reputable.
    your friend
    Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    wallst32wallst32 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    In my experience with getting high grade cards from packs from the 70s, it doesn't matter so much what format they come in (wax, cell, rack, vending) it matters how they were stored.

Some packs just aren't stored well and the corners or edges get damaged (ie dealers stuffing as much as possible into boxes for travel). The other issue is humidity. It's just paper so cards stored under humid conditions will turn "soft" in general and the corners will not be sharp.

My recommendation would be to buy the packs in person if possible. Only buy one pack from the box, open it up and if the cards look sharp keep buying. If the corners are soft, move on. I remember this one time I opend up a pack of 78T and I couldn't believe how sharp the cards were; looked like they were just printed yesterday. I kept buying them because they were certain 9s and the gloss was so nice I thought they had shots at 10. The best pull was a Whitaker rookie that graded 9 and at the time sold for $175. I submitted all the star cards I got to PSA, maybe 12-13 cards and they all came back 9s with the exception of 2 or 3 8s.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Hi,

If you want to buy a whole lot of 1975 Topps Mini packs at one time (and have an unfathomable amount of disposable income), look no further.

1975 TOPPS BASEBALL "MINI" WAX CASE (SEALED-VERY RARE!)
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    kalch23,
    How can the cellos be searched? I would like to know if I ever come across a deal and don't want to be taken to the cleaners.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Thats a whole lot of Mini.............

Thanks everybody... great advice.
  • Options
    As for searching cello's a think it is rare, however, it can be done. Here's a link with regards to that.

Unopened Searching

My auctions