Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

pretty nice cards for very little feedback seller

link

what do you think about this seller ? it always makes me nervous when you see these particular cards offered by a relativly new seller with little feedback. especially the mantles. or am i just paranoid ?
i have been looking for the 33 gehrig in a 4 or 5. what to do ?

WE ARE NEW TO EBAY BUT HAVE MANY GREAT ITEMS. SHIPPING WILL BE LISTED IN OUR AUCTIONS. SORRY WE DO NOT TAKE CHECKS OVER 25.00 AS WELL WE DO NOT TAKE GREEN US MONEY ORDERS AS WE CANT CASH IN CANADA. CANADA MAIL IS SLOOOW SO PLEASE ALLOW TIME FOR PAYMENTS TO BE RECEIVED AND FOR ITEMS TO BE SENT. WE ALSO DO NOT USE EBAY CHECKOUT. WE DO NOT OFFER LOCAL PICKUP. CANADIAN RESIDENTS PLEASE ASS APPLICABLE TAX. THANKS AND HAPPY BIDDING!!!!

aloof

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PLEASE ASS APPLICABLE TAX >>

·p_A·
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Private auction, no paypal, no checks, no "green" money orders.

No thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>Private auction, no paypal, no checks, no "green" money orders.

No thanks. >>

Agreed this is a dodgy looking seller, but the "green" thing is legitimate, as they are non-negotiable in Canada. Buyers just need to use the "pink" international money orders instead.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I don't see what the problem is. Half a dozen of the most desirable and valuable cards in the hobby, and a Cher record. He's just cleaning out his junk closet.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options

<< <i>Private auction, no paypal, no checks, no "green" money orders.

No thanks. >>

Yeah I got a green money order that basically said not negotiable outside of the United States. Those pink international ones that the banks accept up here.
    Collector of T201 Mecca double folders. Graded and Raw...
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Seems legit to me.

The Hits of Sonny & Cher 1977 K-Tel Record

I may just bid on this.
  • Options
    Ass Aplicable!!!!!!!LOL!!!!image
  • Options
    I am quite sure this is fraudualent.

1) Feedback is all on dollar cards.... a common tactic to boost feedback.

2) Private Auction

3) Canada

4) No PayPal

Do not waste your money!

If you want confirmation of this, ask the seller if he accepts escrow if you pay for it, I'm sure he'll say no.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    man you guys are over reacting! He has 14 positive feedbacks with a total value of 12 dollars! What more
    do you want?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Stone,

Did you steal that painting? Are you going to put it up on eBay soon? If you do a private auction, will you accept green money orders? So many questions, so little time.

Bob
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stone,

Did you steal that painting? Are you going to put it up on eBay soon? If you do a private auction, will you accept green money orders? So many questions, so little time.

Bob >>

i think he stole it.. it went missing last week from a museum in oslo, norway..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I had looked at the auctions yesterday due to the 52 Mantle's involved... The only thing that lends credibility to the seller is that all but one of the cards are from the same submission and the scans are all uniform. I'd say there's actually a chance the winning bidder could get the cards being auctioned. I, however, wouldn't take my chances on this guy.
  • Options
    You guys missed the biggest red-flag,

<< <i>WE DO NOT OFFER LOCAL PICKUP >>

It's a seller's dream to get cash for their items unless of course, they don't have those items to begin with.

Brian